Discussion: GOP Rep: Border Crisis Won't Hurt GOP Since 'Americans Care More About Americans'

He was absolutely not a nice person, but we shouldn’t forget the suffering the Soviet Union’s population endured as a consequence - could be a lesson for us all.

As for being able to “throw bodies” at the problem, Stalin was actually pretty fortunate that the Japanese attacked the U.S. when they did. Once it was clear that Japan wouldn’t have the resources to go after the Soviet Union in Manchuria for a while, Stalin was able to transfer a massive number of troops eastward to the German front. A couple of years of attrition and things started to look up for us all…

1 Like

“Americans care more about Americans,” he told TPM a few hours before the vote.

Yes, that’s why my father and his fellow soldiers liberated German concentration camps. It was all about caring more abut Americans than the poor souls being murdered and cremated.

10 Likes

Just more proof here of why NO ONE should care ANYTHING about what Steve King thinks or the garbage that comes out of his mouth. In the 1930s, he would have been standing at Hitler’s side on the podium at Nuremberg.

2 Likes

It was a quick report. I assume that this is a worst case scenario and they are actually planning (Imagine that?) However, it’s truly sad to think about that large number of kids with families trying to escape terror and violence, only to be attacked by the reich wing.

And when I say Americans

1 Like

One of the rules of civilization is that you don’t drag children into your arguments and disputes. Somewhere Pete King seems to have utterly missed Civilization 101 that most people understand at a young age.

What Trump and his idiots are doing to the kids is a serious crime, not some new acceptable tactic for settling law.

There is an additional issue. The policy of right wing Republicans is to ignore the consequences of fossil fuels and how it leads to global warming and consequently many more refugees around the world.

2 Likes

I don’t get the weird lock out of all politicians and media from the current “camps.” If nothing else, the optics are horrendous.

“The Trump administration is considering housing up to 20,000 unaccompanied migrant children on military bases in coming months, according to lawmakers and a Defense Department memo obtained by The Washington Post.”

Today WaPo. Couldn’t link it.

1 Like

Yeah exactly.

SMDH I am convinced at this point that these people are talking about somewhere else when they say America and some really nasty people I don’t recognize at all when they say American.

I no longer believe that they really are Americans. They are something else - citizens of some Christian Taliban Theocracy.

2 Likes

It is all about how people justify immoral actions.

The poll asked about immigration, not illegal immigration. With the illegals, well the response is “don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time”. Regardless of the immoral, deplorable acts our government takes to address the illegal immigrants.

As oddly cute as they are, you might want to leave armadillos off that list. They are host reservoirs for the bacilli which cause Hansen’s disease…leprosy.

If you insist, wear long rubber gloves and biohazard gear before crating the little buggers off for shipment to your favorite ®ep.

3 Likes

Particularly for those that don’t die. Emotionally scarred, some of these kids will be lucky if they end up getting adopted (and we know that Republicans are all about adopting little brown kids); the rest will end up growing up in foster care or institutions (we all get to pay for that, both financially and socially), most enduring a life not much better than what they would have had if they had remained in their home countries.

2 Likes

This is Peter King, not the idiot from Iowa. Sadly, Pete is just as ignorant and bigoted as his colleague, except when the “Americans” are white descendants of Irish people. Just another ignorant Republican; let’s throw them all out next November.

Clean water is the big coming issue. (And of course, a main driver of that is Global warming and other ridiculous man-made pollution problems.)

1 Like

OMG - The Trump administration has just asked the Pentagon to get ready to house up to 20,000 migrant children. A reporter said no one really knows the full implications, but kids housed in military facilities would be virtually inaccessible to the public (because of added security, etc.) This can’t be true - and I hope there are enough of us with your passion to keep fighting for these kids.

2 Likes

They cannot hide this.

The Nazis didn’t have to contend with the internet and in this day and age it’s increasingly difficult to impossible to keep anything quiet and this will not stand.

3 Likes

Absolutely no fucking shame or self awareness. These people are sociopaths.

1 Like

Oh Gahddess if this is the issue which drives Hispanics (esp youth vote and their multi-cultural and LGBTQ and other vulnerable peers) to the polls and turns potential power into actual power… It would also psychically crush Trump and the #deplorables.

2 Likes

Here it is:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2018/06/21/pentagon-asked-to-make-room-for-20000-migrant-children-on-military-bases/?utm_term=.399c39bc60c8

5 Likes

Holy fuck.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available