Discussion: Gallup: Trump Approval Rating Now Lower Than Obama, Clinton Records

Just as importantly, they see that Trump is still pissing off Democrats big time. So its all good. That’s why they elected him in the first place, and he is delivering.

The only thing they are kind of blue about, is he didn’t actually shoot someone on the middle of 6th Avenue. Because they know that would really piss of everyone else. But they still have hope it will happen.

3 Likes

Absolutely - never forget that every move they make cuts two ways. They want to nuke the filibuster? Go right ahead - they are heading for the minority and disarming themselves getting there if they do that.

2 Likes

Hmm… I guess I was thinking of Sessions. It’s getting harder to keep track of who lied to whom and when.

3 Likes

Unless McConnell nukes it now, then reinstates it in 2018 :wink: Which he would clearly do without even a hint of hypocrisy.

1 Like

He’ll have a hard time doing that from the minority. But whatever - we are fools if we cave to their threats.

2 Likes

In expected Bannon fashion, they have picked out a powerless group to attack, and stir up their hate filled base…and the winner is Sanctuary Cities. The AG went to the press briefing to announce new plans to go after those liberal cities that dare defy the feds by refusing to become immigration police.

It lets them shoot at 2 favorite targets, immigrants and liberals. Meanwhile, we are supposed to ignore the orange man taking a dump behind the curtain, no matter how bad he smells.

2 Likes

I disagree regarding fillibuster. Saving the fillibuster for now so that it can be used later for (even) more extreme nominee is clearly pointless: GOP will use the nuclear option whenever they “need” to, regardless of who the nominee is. In the current enviroment, one can keep a fillibuster as an ultimate deterrent only as long as it is never used; but of course if it can’t be used, it is not a deterrent. I would say that Democrats have to make the most out of opposing this nomination and if that “forces” GOP to use nuclear option, so be it. In the long term it could well benefit Democrats and be better for the health of our democracy than a quiet surrender.

9 Likes

I hear you. It is a challenge. Sessions should’ve never been confirmed. There are so many wrongs here.

1 Like

Living near Kent Ohio, there are people who think the those who were shot deserved it. There’s gotta be a DSM entry somewhere for that.

It will backfire on him/them as every single nasty thing they do does. They are so closed off they don’t see that what they do keeps coming around and biting them in the ass. Pathetic and sad.

1 Like

I am surprised his approval rating is 36%. However, there is a base that will support R whether or not anything is getting done, whether there are illegalities, or whether there is any plan at all for future success for America. This is why I imagine some kind of “faux crisis” will be soon be invented to push people to rally around the President. More war anyone?

1 Like

I think your numbers are spot-on. I’ve thought for some time that 27% is his bottom line, aka the bunker-deadenders. Anything approaching 65% disapprove and/or - especially or - 27/28% approval starts to spell real trouble for him with R leadership, I would think.

1 Like

I want it lower than whale shit.

3 Likes

Well, you know the GOP’s new slogan

“Many wrongs make a right-winger”

4 Likes

For what country? The USA? Or Russia?

3 Likes

With Comrade Drumpf, is there a difference any more?

2 Likes

That’s a question I think needs to be answered pretty quick.

4 Likes

Fear not, tena - Nunes is on it! He just needs to toddle over to the WH to ask PeePee the answer…

5 Likes

Filibusters is a tradition, rather than a rule. It is tough to reinstate a tradition once you have abandoned it.

Once the dems got control of the senate again, if the republicans tried to reinstate the filibuster, they would just tell turtle and the republicans to screws themselves.

1 Like

He’ll never lose approval from the 4Chan shits and the like. He’s the exemplar of the “Pepe Principle” of the yuuuge loser that’s rewarded for all his failures, cravenness, licentiousness, racism, misogyny, and dishonesty.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available