Discussion: Freedom Caucus: We Did Trump A Favor Blocking Bad O'Care Repeal Bill

19th or 20th?

2 Likes

If I missed the callback, please let me know. But does that mean Representative Poe is Joe Besser, who was allegedly drummed out of the Three Stooges for refusing to take a pie in the face?

2 Likes

I really wanted to do a NWO (WCW/‘rasslin’) breakup joke, but I didn’t know how to compare the two.

@the_mask

@captaincommonsense

1 Like

Working…

Look - the Freak/Dumb Caucus learned about spinning!

The obvious theme of this so called presidency: trumpp has been sensational for political cartoonists, not to mention sales of 1984, Animal Farm and pocket sized copies of the Constitution.

1 Like

You’ve gotta be a pretty good athlete to make faking representing the people look so real…

1 Like

Roosevelt et al creating the NPS?

It’s to laugh - a golden age for cartoonists!

2 Likes

I assume WCW wrestling. If so check entry below.

Ryan is an ideologue who loves the smell of his own farts too much to hold them in when necessary.

And thank goodness for that honesty. Proudly declaring it “up to people” whether to buy insurance if they want any, was the stench required to kill this thing. The political brilliance of a man who gets reelected without ever achieving much.

Nope. They behaved like true assholes who don’t give a shit about Americans.

2 Likes

It really was a horrible bill if the FreeDumb Caucus even knew it. Anything that Trump puts his brand name on is going to be just as bad. The Congressional Far Right has it’s work laid out for them in the coming months.

Ryan gave up trying to be a real Speaker of the House long before I though he would. What a coward. Almost as big of a fraud as Trump. We might as well give Putin keys to the city of Washington DC.

Sorry if OT, won’t make it a habit, but right now on the Wapo, under the headline Melania Trump:An Elusive and Reclusive First Lady"She’s rarely seen outside the tower that bares(sic) her husband’s name…"
(Voice of center fieldeer:“Plenty of room”

Anybody else getting tired of reading people who think the whole goal of the exercise is to “bring down premiums” without ever mentioning what those premiums will cover? It’s intellectually weak at best, dishonest at worst. I’ve posted before: any fool can offer “insurance” that covers nothing but has a low premium.

1 Like

Oh, yes, thank you Freedom Caucus!

Bless all of your sweet little hearts…

Reality check: The average cost of healthcare for each and every American is greater than $10,000.

And the Feds pay for most of this.

1 Like

Interesting piece in The Atlantic: How Right-Wing Media Saved Obamacare

1 Like

With all due respect to the cartoonist, there wasn’t a whole lot of daylight between Paul Ryan’s preferred approach and that of the Freedom Caucus. That gives way too much credit to Ryan.

1 Like

With friends like them who needs enemas?

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available