Discussion: France: Trump Lacked 'Common Decency' When We Were In Mourning

Sadly half the population of Americans falls below the average IQ level of that pesky bell curve. Simple concepts are well beyond their ability.

4 Likes

Heā€™s an American oligarch, indistiguishable from his Russian comrades except for his monolingualism. Their stock in trade is over-the-top gilded everything, the biggest car, the most expensive shoes, English country estate bad taste replicaā€¦

5 Likes

O yeah one of the joys of aging is hopefully you have a little more money and traveling in luxury is da bomb especially in Europe because their luxury hotels are really palaces.

2 Likes

When I was a kid I noticed how cosmopolitan and mostly friendly NYC was, since it was day-trip distance, but back then you still had some of the classic old-school rude waiters and so forth. Thatā€™s mostly died off now. If you want the real East Coast big-city rudeness you might try Boston. I remember well into the Eighties and Nineties youā€™d encounter a noticeable number of gratuitously dickish people there.

3 Likes

Itā€™s also known as ā€œbeing of service to your fellow human beingsā€. It makes everyone involved, especially the person serving, feel great. Ill Duce has no concept of that having never been taught it. What a disgrace to humanity.

3 Likes

First time trying to see Versailles they were on strike but did go the 2nd time. The Hall of Mirrors was all I really wanted to see and did, beautiful, no dancing though.Time right for lavender. I was there May/June but a wee bit to early for lavender, did see some awesome poppy fields.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve actually looked for asshats in France. Ran into one in Granville at a bank. He refused to changes some green backs into Euros for me and rudely indicated he didnā€™t want to converse further. Musta been trouble at home because his coworker was happy to do what I needed.

2 Likes

Vive la France

5 Likes

Boy, ainā€™t that the truth!

The last three years has really brought them out of hiding.
Itā€™s a GD infestation, thatā€™s what it is!

3 Likes

(Checks passport) Yep Iā€™m good until 2025. Bank account is another story however.

4 Likes

I used Airbnb all the way last year and stayed in some really nice places and met some really nice hosts.

2 Likes

O thereā€™s a waiter at the Villa Igieia in Palermo, Sicily, who quit speaking to me because I screwed up our breakfast order twice. The second time I said mi dispiace, he snorted. I said oooookay. hahahahahaha

3 Likes

I was born in Paris, so maybe Iā€™m a little off the rails about this, but I think Macron should ban Trump from all French territory. Denying Air Force One landing rights would be a good start.

7 Likes

You canā€™t expect decency from an indecent person.

2 Likes

I discovered that in Japan, all you had to do was look slightly confused and start to pull out a map, and youā€™d instantly be surrounded by people cheerfully wanting to practice their English.

Really, the key anywhere is to make an effort to communicate with people as people, whatever the barrier might be, whether itā€™s buying coffee in a Parisian cafe or getting a muffler noise diagnosed in Arkansas. Good faith effort transcends language.

That said, sometimes you just encounter rude people anyway. Themā€™s the breaks.

7 Likes

Trump lacks common decency every day. Those waiting for him to display it are doomed to disappointment.

4 Likes

Precisely. I donā€™t get the joke.

1 Like

Trump has no common decency. Period, end of story.

2 Likes

Earlier this year I was flying out of Minneapolis and could not believe how awful that flight was - the pilot actually had to get on the intercom to remind people to use headphones on their devices. The plane hadnā€™t even taken off before guys were knocking their seat backs all the way and sprawling their legs into the aisle. So much for that Minnesota reputation, unless of course they were just deporting all their rude folk.

3 Likes

I think I want to travel with you.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available