Discussion: France: Trump Lacked 'Common Decency' When We Were In Mourning

Of course he will boycott… he will issue an executive order bringing back “Freedom Fries”!!!

6 Likes

Mr Macron.
Allow me to say this if I may…
I have an uncle who lies on the cliff over looking Omaha Beach. My family’s blood is on your shores. My very genes come from Celtic Normandy/Brittany. It would be difficult for me to feel closer to France, Yet I am an American. Our current person who lives in the White House and claims to be our President is a human aberration who can only think of his own needs. He shits on things we value and destroys what makes America a force for good in this world,
France was the first ally of the United States before we were the United States. Without your assistance we would not be who we are. For me there is no closer ally than France.
As I said, trump is a mentally ill aberration. His time will end and American will cleanse itself of his foul stench.

45 Likes

Today, I feel like moving to France. Not an easy thing to do but such a civilized country.

12 Likes

M. Macron,

I am too frail to relocate.

Would France be willing to annex my condo?

13 Likes

Macron’s running.

4 Likes

Not to pile on but let’s not forget the entire Republican party. They support this clown and his posse.

15 Likes

Yep. but I’ve seen some pretty ugly americans that deserved it. Did you know that if someone doesn’t understand your language, yelling louder will fix that?

10 Likes

:moneybag:

1 Like

Me too. Had mostly wonderful experiences. People don’t realize they’re offended when you just walk up and speak English, and stressed too. They think that’s rude, because it is. Plus which the worst encounters are usually in Paris, and even the rest of the French think Parisians are jerks. Not all or most, but enough to notice a difference.

4 Likes

‘Lacks common decency’, translated from diplomacy-speak to the vernacular, means raging fucking jackass

9 Likes

For some reason I cannot comprehend a lot of Americans think the French are rude and stand offish. I have never, in any of my many visits found this to be the case. My favorite part of France is in southern Normandy. The town of Granville to be precise. Great sea food. Nice people and a charming seaside city.

10 Likes

Macron , in my opinion, said out loud what I think was majorly opinion in this country. How does this president justify not going to Arlington National Cemetery? Trump has embarrassed our country so many times and in so many ways, when is enough, Enough?

9 Likes

First time there was winter, less tourists and everyone was kind and welcoming, even Paris. Last year, early summer, lots of tourists and still really good experiences. Not the best at French but always always French greetings, ordering, questions. They know you’re foreign but I think like all countries appreciate your effort.

3 Likes

Because when people are rude they get rude back and those people were likely rude and were treated the same. Americans don’t care about local customs a lot of the time and are rude to begin with. French shop owners find us rude because we will go into a shop and ignore the person who is there running it. That’s just one example.

9 Likes

followed with,

“money doesn’t buy class”

8 Likes

Never has and never will.

3 Likes

You do not understand 5 Deferment Don.
No one here or Europe died for this POS.

4 Likes

Any large city for some reason collects and concentrates the rudeness. New York City has its share of asshats and trump is from there. In 2014 Mrs darr and I took a train from Belgium into Paris. We arrived at a lower level of a major subway/train station and found that we were ‘miss directed’. A gentleman in a business suit noticed me with my city map and inquired as to where we needed to go. I explained in my halting long forgotten French that a surface street would do. He walked us to the final stairway which was well out of his way. He did not have to do this but he did and I thought it an act of extraordinary kindness. It made our day.

6 Likes

Always, always greet the shop owner. Once you know, that’s what you do.

7 Likes

that’s pretty bushy, I’m waiting for his own nickname… but it may take some time, he seems too upset just now to do any creative nicknaming

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available