Discussion: Former Christie Campaign Aide Calls His Trump Endorsement 'Political Opportunism'

From one opportunist to another.

1 Like

Well, no shit, Sherlock. Christie’s political career is very likely over (and none too soon), so if Trump actually makes it to the White House next year, Christie wants to be in good graces with the Buffoon-in-Chief.

But doesn’t he know he’s following in Sarah Palin’s footsteps?

Think about it, Huckabee, the pain in the ass governor in Maine, the pleather faced former governor of AZ, crazy ass Ann Coulter and more that I am not aware of, are all falling in step with the pit bull with lipstick witch!

2 Likes

Except himself. His arms are too short.

2 Likes

(and to @sickofitall) Add another:

And I’ve seen at least a few Republican women on tv saying the same. I’ve thought for some time that surely there must be a not-insignificant number of suburban-GOP types, especially women, who would find Trump unacceptable (enough, knock wood, to neutralize the rarely-vote types he might bring out), and wondered whether they’d simply skip the “president” slot or actually vote for Hillary. It’s starting to look like the latter’s a real possibility.

1 Like

Ha - Trump just said he wanted a “political insider” for vice president… and Christie shows up… connect those dots!

Just more political cross dressing, i.e. transvestism of a different sort.

1 Like

It never did for Christie. Wake up.

Christie believes the country is totally incapable of functioning, unless he lies and cheats his way to power, because the country needs his steely moral compass.

Chris Christie’s endorsement of Donald Trump is an astonishing display of political opportunism. Donald Trump is unfit to be President. He is a dishonest demagogue who plays to our worst fears. Trump would take America on a dangerous journey. Christie knows all that and indicated as much many times publicly. The Governor is mistaken if he believes he can now count on my support, and I call on Christie’s donors and supporters to reject the Governor and Donald Trump outright. I believe they will. For some of us, principle and country still matter.

1 Like

Heh. That turn-of-phrase is amusing in this context.

He wasn’t convicted yet, but what he was going to be indicted for were Federal crimes, not state. Roscoe is correct that Presidential clemency powers only extend to Federal crimes and not state crimes. Pardons for violating those are granted by Governors and/or State parole boards, etc.

1 Like

Nah - a more plausible explanation is that America rejected Christie’s advances and the spurned fat boy is getting revenge. He’s intelligent, but he’s been betrayed. His love has turned to ashes: he officially hates America now.

His small mind is there to compensate for the enormous rear quarter?

1 Like

Chris Christie’s endorsement of Donald Trump is an astonishing display
of political opportunism. Donald Trump is unfit to be President. He is a
dishonest demagogue who plays to our worst fears. Trump would take
America on a dangerous journey. Christie knows all that and indicated as
much many times publicly. The Governor is mistaken if he believes he
can now count on my support, and I call on Christie’s donors and
supporters to reject the Governor and Donald Trump outright. I believe
they will. For some of us, principle and country still matter.

What made you change your mind Meg?

Why is it that when these swine deride Tronald they seem to be describing the entire GOP field for the last 50+ years? I know there is no shame in these blow-hards but is there any self-awareness at all in these sacks of filth?

The term that best describes this is blow-back. You loved these people when they got up in Democratic town hall meetings and screamed incoherently. Did you think after that taste of power they would go back to their caves? Can’t keep 'em down on the farm once they’ve seen Pareeee …

Joisy’ Whale Christie a…~gasp!~…political opportunist!

Gimme’ my smelling salts and, Lindsey Poo, get the fuck off that fainting couch…I need it!

Christie: "Well…being Donald’s butt boy is better than…

1 Like

Says the cretin who thought Chris Christie would make a good president. Face it lady, Trump would be better than Christie.

1 Like

But he’s not going anywhere but down.

John Oliver brought it home on this topic last night (starting about minute 4:00):
$250K in self-contributions, $7M in loans
(edit: saw this go to the top of TPM just now. figured it would- too funny to miss)

The agreement between Trump and Christie:

If Trump becomes President, he will name Christie to the SCOTUS and because Trump is white, the Republican senate will approve.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available