Discussion: Former Christie Campaign Aide Calls His Trump Endorsement 'Political Opportunism'

thank you for that… more people should read the Constitution…

DoughBoy’s likely charges would be interference with interstate commerce as the bridge supports traffic between two state… that IS a Federal crime…

if he were pardoned it would likely make extremely unlikely that any other charges, state of Federal, would be brought…

4 Likes

I don’t think Christie is looking for a job-just a payoff.

1 Like

Thank you Meg for telling the public the truth!

When I saw Christie standing on the podium next to Trump on Friday, I thought oh my goodness, he is a trickster! I truly appreciate her honesty!

5 Likes

Christie hates Rubio he did it for revenge. How fitting that his last act as a candidate was to show the world the angry,spiteful small minded man he truly is.

9 Likes

Who is Meg Whitman again? Is she a puppet of the Kochheads, trying to short the line for snorting?

1 Like

She ran for governor in California and Jerry Brown won big. That is, he won his third term as governor. I voted for him all four times, I must be old.

4 Likes

Meg is right saying “The Governor is mistaken if he believes he can now count on my support,
and I call on Christie’s donors and supporters to reject the Governor and Donald Trump outright.”

But come to think of it Christie’s endorsement may not just be due to political opportunism. Trump and Christie have so much in common it seems too natural for Christie to endorse him. They are both thin-skinned fatass bullies, and they exact revenge for anything they perceive as criticism, even mild one, or as rejection. And Christie? “He is a dishonest demagogue” as well, he’d easily say what Trump is saying whenever it serves his purpose (remember his reaction to the ebola crisis).

They are very, very much alike. Veeeerrrry much alike.

6 Likes

she knew the real christie and liked it. does not say much for her acumen. however, she is 100% right in her evaluation of the pitiful excuse for a human being that is donald trump.

3 Likes

it is all about VP or a cabinet post. he is running out of options.

2 Likes

Nice, and that’s what his FRIENDS are saying!

1 Like

Hard to believe a republican telling the truth.

2 Likes

FINALLY! NJ waking up.

1 Like

Not sure if this was posted. So here it is, Robert Kagan.

I’m not sure how many anyone-but-Trump Republicans will publicly say their intent to vote for Hillary coming months (there are idiots like this one who said he’d purchased a ticket on the Titanic, you know). Hopefully there are at least a few who see this election not between R vs. D but between nutty and sanity and vote for sanity.

2 Likes

wow. at least someone’s got scruples.

1 Like

If it’s Whitman you’re referring to as “having scruples”, I’ll beg to differ. Christie’s been under a cloud since January 2014, when the George Washington Bridge lane closures came to light. And yet, Meg saw fit to try to foist this egomaniacal crook on the rest of the nation. The fact that she’s seen the error of her ways strikes me a much too little and much too late.

3 Likes

As you say – it’s rather obvious to most of us reading her statement here. BUT she isn’t really speaking to the average reader of TPM – so, obvious or not, I’m very glad she said it out loud and clear to be heard by the people (and there are way too many of them"!) who were whole-heartedly for Christie and might seriously consider following him into support for Trump.

1 Like

"Love him or hate him, you gotta hand it to Donald Trump:
no one is better at manipulating the news cycle than he is. And there
is an almost Shakespearean quality to today’s latest installment of the
“Trump Show.
Barely over 12 hours into his worst news cycle, after a debate where Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz delivered a bruising tag-team assault on the Donald and his record, Trump managed to instantly change the conversation.
Governor Chris Christie’s endorsement of Trump Friday afternoon not
only ends a bad news cycle for Trump, but it also sucks all the oxygen
out of Rubio’s moment in the spotlight. The icing on the cake for Trump
is that he manages to accomplish both of these things by announcing the
endorsement of his main rival’s nemesis – the man responsible for single-handedly stopping Rubio’s post-Iowa momentum at a prior debate”

1 Like

An “astonishing display of political opportunism”? No! Unpossible! And yet Whitman was with Christie before she was against him.

1 Like

You’re assuming, of course, that there are still some sane Republicans. Regrettably, I do not share your assumption.

Holy Crap. As a former Californian and one who did not support Ms. Whitman’s campaign for governor, I must give her some credit here. She is correct. Thank you, Meg Whitman, for your honesty, your telling Gov. Christie how wrong he is and that he won’t be receiving your support. This is the right action to take.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available