Discussion: EXCHANGE: Josh Marshall and Mark Cuban on Donald Trump's Campaign Financing

Mark Cuban wants to be president for the same reason Donald Trump wants to be president….to get his hands on American tax dollars. Donald Trump has already structured the basis of each ‘deal’ or ‘contract’ he negotiates as President such that he personally gets 20 cents of every tax dollar directly into his personal bank account. Those are American tax dollars meant for improvements and social programs.

GREED is one of the seven deadly sins. None of us is getting out of this life alive.

Mark Cuban personifies the phrase, less there than meets the eye.

1 Like

If Trump was the big businessman he claims to be, why would he get into "flim-flam scams such as his so called “university”? Everything about the man screams “two bit hustler”. He’s charging everything he can from his campaign to his multiple small time businesses. He is a warm pile of scat!

3 Likes

Donald only wants power, to increase his worth and fill his pockets, If he gets in, look for scandals in abundance! put money
on it. I bet it will take three months!!

1 Like

Cuban said a lot. His observation that not showing returns would reflect how little an actual cash position he has, even though the real estate may be valued much higher. A brand not a businessman. Banks at Deutsche Bank. Why hasn’t anyone questioned his financial statement with the FEC? Read between the lines as Cuban even spoke of his position in Bonds, etc Trump appears cash strapped, and his reputation for not paying vendors is well known. Cuban made some good points.

Yes it’s all about liquidity. Smoke and mirrors. Really someone should mount a challenge to the FEC.

1 Like

Cuban seems to be all over the media world since Trump arrived on the scene. Why? Is there some motive? Cuban is only in the billionaire club because he was lucky enough to get out of the market at the right time in the early 2000’s, which he has acknowledged. Otherwise, he would be fawning at Trump like Trump’s other supporters.

Considering how litigious Trump is, Cuban is careful to choose his words. Considering Trump tried to sue Bill Maher for a joke he made, Cuban probably doesn’t want to say anything that the Donald would try to sue him for. As a side note, although I don’t care for Conway, I hope she has something in writing stating that Trump has to pay her at the beginning of every week for work that will be done, as opposed to paying her at the end of the week. Because, as everyone knows, Trump will use any excuse not to pay employees when he doesn’t get his expected results. Meaning, when he loses, he’ll blame staff for not delivering and then screw them out of their fair compensation. There’s a reason for having, or having had in excess of 3500+ lawsuits by him and against him. Many, I’m sure, from employees that he’s f***ed over.

It sounds more like Cuban doesn’t want be sued for slander by possibly miscalculating Trump’s billionasishness. Trump loves to take people to court if he thinks he can make a buck by doing so.

1 Like

I respectfully disagreeI. I’m no big fan of Cuban, but he does seem to have a moral compass and it points directly opposite of Trump. He also has a spine. Fortunately, he’s not the only wealthy person who disavows Trump. Cuban, like Bloomberg, knows a con when he sees one

Conway will be paid by Mercer who is bankrolling Trump campaign. Mercer and daughter are big buck backers and Conway has worked for them previously.

Deutsche Bank is bank that launders Putin & Co money and arranges loans in Russia. Trump is in debt with Russian oligarch’s and is now being played like a puppet by Putin. Trump tax returns will show this but he will never release them. Wouldn’t it be great if someone risked jail time to expose the many years of Trump’s dirty returns?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available