Discussion: Embattled TN House Speaker Calls Explicit Sexual Texts 'Locker Room Talk'

More sophomoric ā€˜locker-room talkā€™?

Send this guy to the showers.

8 Likes

In the last several years, that kind of talk has not entered and left my mouth.

Itā€™s a good thing thereā€™s a written record of it then, isnā€™t it asshole? I imagine the TN public records law, if such there is, only applies to government employees and Democrats, just like at the federal level.

11 Likes

ā€œI was just joking!ā€

5 Likes

If it ā€œā€¦was not intended to go to anyone elseā€ donā€™t put it in writing, idiot.

10 Likes

Iā€™m embarrassed about that. In the last couple of years, I have come to realize ā€” I canā€™t do this and it is not appropriate behavior,ā€ he continued. ā€œSo, yes, I participated in locker-room talk with two adult men that was not intended to go to anyone else,

HEY GLEN!

Get your damn foot back on your side of the toilet divider!!

5 Likes

The racist texts that Chief-of-Staff Cade Cothren sent to Casada over the years alone are grounds for Casada to resign.

His COS was sending him deeply racist texts ā€“ not ā€œlocker roomā€ talk outside of Mengeleā€™s Gymnasium ā€“ and Casada did nothing.

(Great deep dive by Kate Riga, by the way.)

9 Likes

Yepā€¦and Clinton got hung for a ā€˜blow jobā€™. Boys will be boys (IOKIYAR)ā€¦

2 Likes

It remains a bit of a curiosity how Trump can get away with these kinds of things, and far worse, while Republicans who try to emulate his more boorish behavior canā€™t. Itā€™s obviously a good thingā€¦perhaps it means that the moral center of the nation will snap back after Trump leaves office, or that some slice of Republicans is willing to look the other way as long as the boor is the president and does things for them. I donā€™t know, but hopefully we have a lot more Republicans who do things like this before 2020, that will make it easier to drag the party down.

Ho-lee-fukā€¦I mean, come on! The background on this is delightfully juicy!

ā€œNone of this is true but if it comes out that it is itā€™s because Iā€™m 59 years old but many many years ago when I was 56 I was working so hard I did only what every young, vigorous, overachiever does. Thankfully now that Iā€™m mature and - praise Jayzus - Iā€™m totally cured, exonerated, and forgiven by my wife, pastor, campaign manager, and the guy from Jiffy Lube, itā€™s time to turn the page, put this behind us, and move on so we can continue to do the Very Important Work of the People who after all overwhelmingly support me. As far as the stature of Nathan Bedford Forest goes, that was here when I got the office and I had heard that there was some state law or something that said you couldnā€™t move anything or something like that. Plus I donā€™t even know who that guy isā€¦some historical character would be my guess - I think it might be the guy that started. state parks system, which I love by they way and visit like all the time. Anyway, donā€™t blame me, itā€™s the Demoncraps playing gotcha! And as far as that whole snorting coke off of hookers thing, I donā€™t know anything about itā€¦What do you mean nobody said anything about hookers? Iā€™m sure one of you guys mentioned something about that. Maybe it was a staffer and they just got confused.ā€

9 Likes

Another Republican who is genuinely sorryā€¦that he got caught.

As long as he sticks it to the Dems and says abortion is murder, heā€™s a godly man, deserving of full support from TNā€™s christians

7 Likes

Am I missing something? This is the first Iā€™m hearing of this story, so maybe somethingā€™s not in it that will clarify. While obviously the allegations of actual sexual harassment and doing coke and what not are serious, Iā€™m a little baffled about whatā€™s wrong with that text. Was the pole dancing woman a coworker? What relation was there that someoneā€™s actually a victim of something from that text? I mean, sure, you can argue it objectifies women, but a woman who chooses to have pictures taken of her pole dancing has already sort of made that choice about objectification. Was it secretly taken and NOT to be shared? Are we mad about that text because itā€™s icky? Hereā€™s a hint: guys say and do lewd things in private when talking about sex and so do women. Whoopty fucking doo.

Seems a mistake to be focusing on that text rather than the accusations of real wrongdoing and yet the article does just that, providing little in the way of facts about what the bases of the accusations of real wrongdoing are, instead just stating that heā€™s been accused. Overreach/overbroadness undermines making the case that real wrongdoing be taken seriously.

3 Likes

Well the easy answer would be Trump was a ā€œstarā€ so they let you do it. Then thereā€™s his repeated interviews on the Howard Stern show. But things that were joked about in the late 90s and early 2000s are not acceptable now, some people grow up, others just never mature.

2 Likes

People donā€™t really talk this way in locker rooms. They talk this way in meeting rooms and private areas composed of the powerful and the wannabe-powerful looking to have homophilic connections over ostensibly heterosexual contexts. Itā€™s a type of juvenile male bonding at the expense of propriety. Not a good characteristic to have in your 50s.

5 Likes

Cold showers

1 Like

Except this was on their phones and ostensibly private and not an inappropriate place to share that kind of thing if one is wont to share that kind of thing (dumb place to do it, but not inherently wrong). Were they work phones? Maybe I can muster up a little outrage that theyā€™d use public property for that, but again, the substance isnā€™t inherently wrong in any way. You can judge it and moralize all you want, but it didnā€™t hurt anyone that Iā€™m aware ofā€¦nor does it rise to the level of moral turpitude that would put his entire fitness to hold office into question. Iā€™m open to new facts that convince me otherwise, but the story here isnā€™t ā€œhe sent lewd texts like people sometimes doā€. Itā€™s whatever factual basis there is for accusations that he actually harassed people and is a cokehead.

Casada dismissed the conversations Tuesday as ā€œlocker talkā€ of a (three years) younger man.

Glen Casada (born August 2, 1959)

Yes, I've known all sorts of 56 year old people that reached emotional maturity at age 59. It happens.
4 Likes

seems like a lot of locker room talk for men who havenā€™t been in a locker room since high school

4 Likes

ā€œThree years ago, I participated in base locker room talk, if you will, amongst two adult men,ā€

Who the hell talks like this? Iā€™d get rid of him just for this effete bullshit.

4 Likes

The party of Family Values, folks!

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available