Discussion: Donald Trump: 'I Think Islam Hates Us'

You can’t get a better tax break than being tax-exempt.

4 Likes

when I was at Cal, in the early 70s, I had a friend that was from Iran… he told me about the coup and being young an naive I didn’t believe him at the time… his father was a Colonel in the Persian Army at the time and got caught in the crossfire…

time passes and its much clearer now…

4 Likes

“The Eisenhower administration believed its actions were justified for strategic reasons. But the coup was clearly a setback for Iran’s political development and it is easy to see now why many Iranians continue to resent this intervention by America.”

Madeleine Albright

6 Likes

And, sadly, how are they any different than the flood of posts from Bernie supporters on HuffPost right now saying essentially the same thing? I want to reach out and slap the fools who muse that 4 yeas of Trump is a small price to pay to ensure the revolution of progressive utopia just around the corner.

7 Likes

What about the hatred from the right-wing politicians and citizenry in this country? More Americans are killed by Americans than any terrorist group.

3 Likes

ISIS: We hate the US and are same boat as Republicans in US. We both have the same goal: Destroy the US. We fully support Sir Trump for POTUS.

Long live Bundys.

2 Likes

Along with the majority of the world.

1 Like

I think ISIS should send Trump a thank you card for the propaganda material.

4 Likes

Seems a broad generalization that the base would love. Extremists have hated the US for a long time. It is sort of the culmination of all they hate and is the most powerful country so it is the easiest target. Many countries have been the same in the middle east.

So, I think it is harder to make the claim that Islam hates us per se than it is propaganda in some countries have made the US look evil for a long period of time. And on top of that others are trying to make this a holy war through Islam. Just seems it is too easy a cause and effect to jsut say an entire religion hates you. Considering there are Muslims in the US that do not hate the US.

Extremely disappointed in Cooper’s failure there. That was inexcusably bad.

4 Likes

If Hillary gets the nomination (most likely to occur) and Bernie supporters fail to vote for her, giving Trump a win, the Bernie supporters will absolutely own the catastrophe of the next four years. That is unequivocal. I have yet to read about Hillary supporters saying they would not support Bernie if he should get the nomination. Yet there on on-line pledges for Bernie supporters to promise they would never vote for Hillary, thus destroying all the progress of the past 8 years. As I said, they will own it and it will never be forgotten should it come to pass.

5 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see what the value of the Trump brand is after this election.

There is an unbelievable hatred of us.

By “us” Donald means vulgar US corporate network TV programming, the real object of unsophisticated global hatred.

1 Like

Translation: I know I hate Islam.

How can an “idea” hate somebody?

People hate each other, for example: most of America “Hates” Donald Trump (and will prove it on Tues. Nov. 1st, 2016.)

2 Likes

Credits. Subsidies. No bid contracts.

2 Likes

“I think Islam hates us,” Trump responded.

Also, I suspect fence pole wonders about our relationship with our mother. And water cooler thinks we have shitty taste in movies. Oh, the food blender wonders whether we know that tie totally clashes with that shirt.
1 Like

If–in the Satanic event that Trump gets the GOP Nomination–there will be three words which will make all of OUR heads explode:

Main
Stream
Media

1 Like

In the 80s worked with a husband and wife who fled Iran after the Shah was deposed and had many discussions about both the US and Iranian perceptions of each other. Was very interesting conversations lasting for years. Based on those conversations I am not surprised that national leaders don’t trust the US, the average Joe in the street however for the most part is a different story, caution but not hate.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available