Discussion: Donald Trump: 'I Think Islam Hates Us'

Discussion for article #247174

“I think Islam hates us,” Trump responded.

And would you care to venture a guess about why that might be the case?

12 Likes

ummm… yeah… I believe he’s using the imperial ‘us’… and… SHOCKER… I just found out I’m a Muslim because I hate Donnie…

12 Likes

I read the analyses about his appeal, and they make sense and all. But part of me will always, always be gobsmacked that anyone could think these ignorant blatherings could possibly come out of the mouth of a potential President. It’s a revelation. : (

14 Likes

Trump: "I think Islam hates us."

Wait, who is Islam?

Please educate this “presidential candidate” that “Islam” isn’t a person.

41 Likes

Edward R. Murrow is rolling over in his grave.
When is a “serious” journalist (not John Oliver) going to step up and call this man and his supporters out for what they are, and what they are doing to our country?

10 Likes

Well, Trump provides a multitude of reasons as to why so many people, at home and abroad, hate him. Like an unrepentant alcoholic, everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, is about him!

1 Like

Wait, corporations are persons, right?? So why not religions?

:smile:

9 Likes

because corporations get better tax breaks…

2 Likes

Every dog looks like his or her owner…

1 Like

Islam hates “us” in the same way that Christianity hates the poor, minorities, gays, and liberals.

10 Likes

“And we can’t allow people coming into this country who have this hatred of the United States.”

I.e., all of them. What country likes, or trusts, the U.S. anymore?

The Islamic states have been telling us for more than 60-years what they hate about the U.S. and we ignored them every time. And now they can point to Drumpf, Cruz, Rubio, et al. And in the background, “The base”; the Children of Reagan™, cheering them on when they hear “carpet-bomb them”, “deport them”, “kill their families”.

What can go wrong?

5 Likes

Us? Who’s the us your talking about? Now, I’ll admit that Islam probably hates you though.

6 Likes

“There’s a tremendous hatred there, there’s a tremendous hatred.”

There goes Donnie talking about his big poll numbers again…

“I think Islam hates us,” Trump responded. “There’s a tremendous hatred there, there’s a tremendous hatred. We have to get to the bottom of it. There is an unbelievable hatred of us.”

“In Islam itself?” Cooper pressed.

“You’re gonna have to figure that out, OK?” Trump replied. “But there’s a tremendous hatred. And we have to be very vigilant. We have to be very careful. And we can’t allow people coming into this country who have this hatred of the United States.”

Well there is this country and it starts with an I

http://smartraveller.gov.au/maps/iran.gif

and a long time ago, this event happened

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d’%C3%A9tat

now we should have known better, because who knows what could grow from those types of incidents.

However its nice to know that this country isn’t invading any more countries that start with an I

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2b/Iraq,administrative_divisions-Nmbrs-_colored.svg/2000px-Iraq,administrative_divisions-Nmbrs-_colored.svg.png

After all, imagine what could go wrong if that type of ‘diplomatic work’ went sideways…

4 Likes

Keep in mind that the GOP has said it will support this bigot if nominated, because a Clinton Presidency would be so much worse. They should be held accountable every single day for this.

7 Likes

“You’re gonna have to figure that out, OK?” Trump replied. “But there’s a tremendous hatred.” (Trump replied to Cooper asking, “In Islam itself?”

To which, Cooper should have replied, “No, it’s YOU who are making the accusation – YOU have to figure it out.” Come one, Anderson. Journalism 101.

17 Likes

"In Islam itself?" Cooper pressed.

"You’re gonna have to figure that out, OK?" Trump replied. “But there’s a tremendous hatred. And we have to be very vigilant. We have to be very careful. And we can’t allow people coming into this country who have this hatred of the United States.”

Cooper 2016: Maybe he will save the GOP

1 Like

The CNN host then asked Trump whether the U.S. was at war with Christianity or “radical Christianity.”

“Well, it’s radical, but it’s very hard to define. It’s very hard to separate. Because you don’t know who’s who,” Trump said in response.

Adjusted to fit the missing, but oh so obvious…

4 Likes

More moronic ranting.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available