Discussion: Dems Sue Trump Allies, Russians, Over 2016 Election Meddling

He is.

4 Likes

I’ve said it before, I’m sure I’ll say it again: The only thing that differentiates the Trump-Russia conspiracy from the Watergate scandal is that at least Nixon had the decency to hire American.

27 Likes

No downside, in fact an up side and aggressive law firm on board

https://www.cohenmilstein.com/

The lawsuit echoes a similar legal tactic that the Democratic Party used during the Watergate scandal. In 1972, the DNC filed suit against then President Richard Nixon’s reelection committee seeking $1 million in damages for the break-in at Democratic headquarters in the Watergate building.

The suit was denounced at the time by Nixon’s attorney general, John Mitchell, who called it a case of “sheer demagoguery” by the DNC. But the civil action brought by former DNC chair Lawrence F. O’Brien was ultimately successful, yielding a $750,000 settlement from the Nixon campaign that was reached on the day in 1974 that Nixon left office.

24 Likes

Nope. I love it.

10 Likes

The lawsuit echoes a similar legal tactic that the Democratic Party used during the Watergate scandal. In 1972, the DNC filed suit against then President Richard Nixon’s reelection committee seeking $1 million in damages for the break-in at Democratic headquarters in the Watergate building.

The suit was denounced at the time by Nixon’s attorney general, John Mitchell, who called it a case of “sheer demagoguery” by the DNC. But the civil action brought by former DNC chair Lawrence F. O’Brien was ultimately successful, yielding a $750,000 settlement from the Nixon campaign that was reached on the day in 1974 that Nixon left office.

16 Likes

Every once in awhile, the Democrats have to remind the Republicans not to do this shi…kind of thing.

And every once in awhile, the voters need to do the same.

20 Likes

I thought he was using his 2020 grift campaign funds.

And what’s striking about that is it (the campaign) is paying the legal fees of people who aren’t even associated with the campaign, for example his former bodyguard Keith Schiller.

12 Likes

Totally and unashamedly stealing this.

1 Like

That’s my understanding as well.

1 Like

I’ve read in various places he can utilize campaign funds.

4 Likes

Maybe some enterprising Democratic Congressional candidate will point this out to the Trump supporters: their donations are paying for his lawyers. Because no one will inform them otherwise. Now THERE’S personal responsibility for you.

4 Likes

Yay!!

12 Likes

They’re going to have to sell a lot of those stupid ugly red MAGA hats to raise funds for their attorneys’ fees.

7 Likes

That’s easy. There are a lot of stupid, ugly heads waiting for one.

6 Likes

There are John Does 1-10 in the filing but does this cover what should also be Jane Does?

2 Likes

She wrote the song to help her deal with PTSD…Maybe it can help us deal with ours from this nightmare we’re all having to live with in the age of tRump.

An anthem repurposed.

8 Likes

What about the stash of money that they raised for the inauguration festivities that were never used (because the local junior high school marching bands that participated didn’t have much travel costs)?

2 Likes

I wonder if anyone has been able to put together a weekly ‘cost’ to people like Trump; Manafort; Etc.

It almost feels like Trump’s tactic of bankrupting his detractors has been karmic-ally, gleefully spun back on him.

1 Like

And I can think of one in particular that I’d like to have covered.

Totally generic.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available