Discussion: Dems Sue Trump Allies, Russians, Over 2016 Election Meddling

It’s preaching to the choir. The G.O.P. can be relied upon to portray this as “sore losers.” Couldn’t win the election, so it must have been some wild conspiracy. Whiny snowflakes. The Trump base will eat up that characterization, the anti-Trumpists won’t buy it, and no one’s mind will have been changed.

Now, where it goes as a legal matter, I can’t even begin to predict. I suspect even a sympathetic judge would be looking for a way to dismiss this, probably on standing. Presiding over the discovery phase alone would be enough to drive any jurist into early retirement.

4 Likes

Chin had better taste in bathrobes.

5 Likes

OT. The Russians let us know where it was okay to bomb in Syria, lovely, considerate chappies that they are. The collusion continues at pace.

23 Likes

If this were the Odyssey, we’d be at the point where Odysseus and Telemachus are about to overthrow the suitors and reclaim Ithaca.

8 Likes

Rudy Giuliani and Tom Perez go way back. I’m sure Rudy can sit Tom down, have a cup of coffee, and clear all this up in a couple hours.

12 Likes

Keep in mind that the DNC sued Nixon and the RNC after watergate and were awarded $750,000 on the day Nixon left office.

39 Likes

why wouldn’t they? They are a private organization, right?

5 Likes

The odious Superdelagates, which the Pubbies didn’t have, would have done the trick.

2 Likes

OT but https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/987355274871738368
“Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov says that, during a recent phone call with Putin, Trump said that he would be happy to make a visit to Russia”

Thank God we have Russian media to tell us what our president is actually saying!

16 Likes

Win win. When media fails, take to the courts. This will make a great Netflix or Amazon series, All The President’s Men 2016+ (or ~Through The Looking Glass)

5 Likes

Awesomesauce. I’ve been waiting for this. Oh man this is going to be fun.

16 Likes

Sort of like being handed a puppy for your birthday and told “Enjoy!!”

3 Likes

And why shouldn’t they?

1 Like

Does the defendant list omit the NRA and RNC, or did I just overlook them?

24 Likes

They definitely have a cause of action for something against someone for having their emails hacked. On first read, the breadth of legal theories and scope of damages seemed quite ambitious. But I wish them the best of luck!

11 Likes

Brings a civil flanking attack to complement the criminal frontal assault.
Take no prisoners. If they put their hands up, shoot 'em anyway.

14 Likes

That’s a great post. Thanks for your analysis.

6 Likes

Just another slow news day. Yawn.

HAHAHAHAHA.

4 Likes

I see what you did there–And it’s hilarious!

4 Likes

I’m curious as to the funding source for Trump’s current spate of lawyers; since I suspect he’ll need a new set to deal with this new suit.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available