Discussion: Dem Reps Ask Deutsche Bank For Info On Trump Accounts, Ties To Russia

1 Like

Lock Him Upā€¦

10 Likes

Iā€™d love to DBā€™s records on Trumpclan, but what is the legal justification for the request?

And yet more evidence that itā€™s not the speculated Trump team collusion with Russia to influence the election, but rather the less glamorous, but no less felonious, money-laundering thatā€™s going to bring these clowns down.

Edit: Remember, boys and girls, Trump and most of his team are not ideologues. Theyā€™re grifters.

20 Likes

And the irony is their grifting would have remained in the shadows if they had stayed out of politics

13 Likes

They have a presence in the US.

8 Likes
  • the lack of ā€œproductā€ and special ā€œaccessoriesā€ will have him looking like this ā€¦ when wandering the exercise yard

4 Likes

They seem to be genuinely surprised by the unwanted scrutiny.

The real joy will come if we all discover that the Trump financial empire is actually a hollow shell with virtually no net worth, as some have speculated (Josh Marshall among them).

17 Likes

Nice going, but thereā€™s no way that the bank will give up the records short of a subpoena. And it might not respond unless and until the House moves to hold it in contempt. No bank wouldā€“banks have to protect their customers.

6 Likes

I wonder what the fine print in the bankā€™s settlement with the DOJ on mortgage fraud included?

Maybe there is something in their agreement that puts them on the hook to provide information readily when requested.

12 Likes

Trump says there is no evidence of any wrong doing, and he fired the guy investigating it and tried to manipulate the investigators just to be sure it stays that way. Now he will have to call the banks to threaten them too. The Art of the Clumsy Coverup

4 Likes

Ring! Ring!
Hallo plumbers?
I think we have a problem
I hear a drip ā€¦dripā€¦dripā€¦

1 Like

At least there will be no searching for golf balls in the ruff.

1 Like

Angela Merkel has such bigly yuge respect for Hair Furor, Iā€™m sure sheā€™ll wonā€™t apply any pressure at all on Deutsche Bank to cooperateā€¦

11 Likes

Deutsche Bank CEO Hans Schultz knows nuthink ā€“ NUTHINK!

7 Likes

It coninues to be remarkable to me that while Trump was attracted to the status and power of being president, he never understood the constant hyper-visibility that goes with the office. Of course, it is obvious that he also thought that he could farm out most of the responsibilities while enjoying the parts that he liked.

3 Likes

1 Like

Hereā€™s some context:

10 Likes

Maybe no legal standing. However, Deutsche Bank may have the foresight to consider the Chairman of the House Banking Committee could make life hell after the 2018 midterms.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been saying that for months, and itā€™s going to involve many more people than the Russia probe. I cannot wait to see Wilbur Ross in jail.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available