Discussion: Debate Commission, Networks Have No Plans To Fact-Check Candidates Live

1 Like

I think there’s a case to be made for the moderator not to fact-check, but for the networks to refuse? That’s unprofessional, to say the least.

21 Likes

Cowardly fools. For the sake of a few points in ratings it’s ‘not their job’ to inform the voting electorate. Yep. PATRIOTS for sure.

8 Likes

The moderator however may eye roll, jaw drop, gasp, genuflect, & ROFL.

2 Likes

and Interrupt (but only Hillary) don’t forget that one.

5 Likes

The media and the rest of society’s institutions have simply failed to deal with the radicalization of the Republican party. Trump in some ways is an outgrowth of the right-wing noise machine, the difference being mostly quantitative. He’s presented a geometric increase in the denial of reality and manipulation of half the public’s mind. His flurry of lies amounts to a DDoS attack on any opponent. I hope for everyone’s sake the Hillary people have a strategy for this.

31 Likes

Yeah…pfffffffff…“facts”…what are they anyway? I mean, who can really tell?

5 Likes

So…dueling campaign rallies it is, then?

5 Likes

And, in their failure, want us to look away briefly while they accept an Emmy.
Who cares if these failures continue to fail, they have our web comment, Twitter coattails to ride and claim as their own in that chummy way they have…

3 Likes

It’s got to do with ACCESS which is ALL THAT MATTERS in today’s “IntoTainment” environment.
Trump has said he will (and has) “blacklist” anyone who challenges His Orangeness and that would mean NO ACCESS during the most lucrative time in the Election.
Is it Petty: Yes.
Is it shortsighted: Yes
Is it Patriotic: No
There is NO DIFFERENCE between the MSM and Wells Fargo when it comes to how they get their profit and the same threats and punishments await anyone who dares to disturb the cash flow to the Mega-Corps that control our Media.
Face it. Trump wins no matter what because he generates more cash for the MSM.

8 Likes

They care as far as it takes them to con that dollar out of our hand…

3 Likes

Without fact-checking, it’s just going to be another Trump-centered ‘reality’ show. No thanks.

8 Likes

A truth telling crawl at the picture bottom would be a ratings winner innovation for the first network to implement it. What are they afraid of?

3 Likes

Donald Trump: “The unemployment rate is 42%.”

Hillary Clinton: “No, it isn’t, according the the Bureau of Labor Statistics it’s 4.9%.”

Donald Trump: “They’re lying to hide the problem and support you and Obama. It’s 42%.”

Hillary Clinton: “We have to believe what those we trust to measure these data tell us, and you’re mistaken Mr. Trump.”

Lester Holt: “Well, we appear to have a difference of opinion on the unemployment rate, which we won’t resolve in this forum, so let’s move on to the next issue.”

Yeah, that does the electorate a fucking service in the search of the truthfulness of both candidates and of revealing their grasp of the matter. Just kill me.

36 Likes

When you insist that only the opponent is allowed to fact check, reality is reduced to “he said, she said”, and the public remains stupid. The public looks to the media for answers, not to be told to do their own investigative journalism.

If the media has now officially dumped it’s constitutional obligation to educate the public for the sake of the more profitable approach of letting everything slide, then it’s long passed time we either start to regulate this for-profit failure, or start revoking press “privileges”.

13 Likes

Anyone who doesn’t believe that a modern Hitler or Mussolini could be elected in the U.S. is a fool. Or a Pundit.

16 Likes

“and if you and I have different sources of information, does your source about the unemployment rate agree with my source?”

Not if yours is a liar, fuckface. Are we really going to play this game? An entire right wing propaganda machine has been created SPECIFICALLY for this purpose: creating a drum-beat of counterfactual disinformation bearing superficial hallmarks of credibility solely to force the pussyfooted milquetoast MSM and others to back down in the face a choice between conflicting or even diametrically opposed sources. The fucking maggots feeding on the Fourth Estate’s corpse dutifully respond with mealy-mouthed pseudo-ethics, scolding us all that the only “responsible” thing to do is “report both without favoritism or bias.”

It’s why you can go to Faux News and (pulling from last Friday) read a whole article about MSNBC receiving all the top “awards” for “media bias”, shamelessly presented as if it was all based on objective, academic study of the reporting by an unbiased, non-partisan group…only to look it up and find out they’re a bunch of ideological lunatics:

Yeah…that one had me infuriated.

10 Likes

#Republicans’ wetdream: Fact Free Debates!

BTW: What’s the over/under on Hair Furor losing it and blurting out the “C” or “B” word tonight? ___ Gotta’ be a close one.

Other words to look for:
“Mexicans”
“foreigners”
“yuuuuuge”
“Muslim,”
“terrorists”
“loser”
“immigrants”
“sad”
“bigly”
“weak”
“tremendous”
“I”
“wall”

Feel free to add any you’re certain about.

5 Likes

Short of using racial slurs, the “C” word and shitting his pants and puddling on the floor, the media will be grading Trump on the “can stand behind a podium and convert oxygen to CO2” scale as his bar for success.

Final assessment by the MSM: “Hillary was right on questions of policy, the facts, and being able to speak coherently, just brilliant, but Donald was just so entertaining and, although he has nothing of substance to offer, a real crowd pleaser. He wins!”

If the voters elect that asshole for POTUS, this republic deserves whatever happens.

13 Likes

…thugs, wall, criminals, BLM, protests/protesters, wall, “religion of peace” (said sarcastically of course), vetting, wall, shootings, terrorism, “radical Islam,” wall, tax returns, health, riots, wall…

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available