Discussion: Data Firm Hired By RNC Accidentally Leaked Millions Of Voters' Personal Info

A marketing firm hired by the Republican National Committee stored personal information gathered on more than 198 million U.S. voters on a publicly accessible server.

And it has been further revealed that the information on Republican voters was sold to the marketing sources that could benefit. A long list of fast food businesses, discount stores, cigarette companies and gun manufacturers have been exposed as recipients, thus far.

9 Likes

So republican voters are going to have an additional group of crooks trying to help them part with their money?

1 Like

Good. The direct mail scammers and other grifters will make excellent use of the information.

5 Likes

Russian collusion aside, THIS is the kind of thing that Congress should and could be addressing – namely how to safeguard personal information of voters – and setting up federal standards that need to be in place at the state, local & federal level (as well as for political parties, PACs, etc.)

Won’t happen, but would be nice.

16 Likes

The scammers and other grifters already had the information, and have been milking for what is worth for years. All this means is that they will now have competition.

1 Like

Mistake?

Or intentional indiscretion so their silent partners, the Russians, could more easily obtain the information for their internet campaigns?

5 Likes

Some of us posters seem to believe that these 198 million voters are all Republicans; and, therefore, deserve to get what’s coming to them. The number says that there many non-Republican voters caught up in this “inadvertent” snafu.

8 Likes

It would be, but it won’t happen. The GOP “leadership” seems to think the Congress exists solely for the purpose of investigating Democrats and not passing any legislation, unless their corporate masters have drafted it. We are truly in trouble.

2 Likes

Sounds like we should launch a class action lawsuit against the RNC and maybe put them out of business.

8 Likes

Hmmm this has happened, yet the RNC was never hacked or information released when seemingly the DNC and everyone else was spewing butt loads of information.

4 Likes

But we already knew that, didn’t we?

1 Like

RNC and Putin are indistinguishable.

2 Likes

It is sure to be a hot topic at the next Donnie suck-up fest…

4 Likes

Sheesh. Republicans come up with a way to stop the Russians from hacking into sensitive databases, and Dems are squawking about it. Nothing will make libs happy.

2 Likes

My neighbor is an old 95 year old guy who is still pretty well glued together. Drives better than many 20 year old people.

He is a dyed in the wool WW2 Vet GOP Knee Jerk “Crooked Hillary” hater. Not vocal. Just can not see past the world that he no longer understands. We are far apart politically, but I still keep an eye out for him.

Every day he gets at least one pound of junk mail. Sad. RWNJ organizations and “Christian” grifters have passed his address around for years. Easy touch.

And every day I see postage paid envelopes with contributions he is making for these same RWNJ organizations and “Christian” grifters set out for the postman. Sad.

I also understand that he derives hours of pleasure carefully opening each and every piece of mail. Understandable but still sad.

10 Likes

RNC = reince nolo contendere

2 Likes

Corn, please no. We’d like to keep you around.

1 Like

I’m sure the goal was to make this info available to the Russians with plausible deniability.

1 Like

Yep. 198 million voters is pretty damn close to 100% of the registered voters in the US.

10 Likes

There’s a reason the Rs wanted to get rid of the privacy regulations and let Facebook and every other website sell your browsing information. And it wasn’t just more money for the websites.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available