Discussion: Data Firm Hired By RNC Accidentally Leaked Millions Of Voters' Personal Info

2 Likes

I’m sure none of it was gathered in violation of privacy laws. And that no one is going to use it to target people. Oh, wait.

24 Likes

The information is all stored in Crooked Hillary’s e-mails! All of it! She’s to blame!

10 Likes

Once again, Obama’s fault…

13 Likes

The data leak contains a wealth of personal information on roughly 61 percent of the US population. … the records include advanced sentiment analyses used by political groups to predict where individual voters fall on hot-button issues …, as well as suspected religious affiliation and ethnicity.

I have to agree religious affiliations are suspect.
10 Likes

Is anybody going to be charged with this breach? Maybe Trey Gowdy should head an investigation!

24 Likes

Not it wasn’t! It was Hillary! Hey, did I ever tell you how I had the biggest landslide in history last year?

4 Likes

Russian payback for an inept Trump?

5 Likes

Hmm we better get to the bottom of this one. How about seven congressional investiagions? Followed by endless dimestore pundits pontificating that this is really bad, because optics, or narrative, or whatever.

I’ll wait here holding my breath :roll_eyes:

16 Likes

Along with home addresses, birthdates, and phone numbers, the records include advanced sentiment analyses used by political groups to predict where individual voters fall on hot-button issues such as gun ownership, stem cell research, and the right to abortion, as well as suspected religious affiliation and ethnicity.

So these are the issues that guide the Republican machine. This is very good to know. Republicans care nothing about climate change, the economy, health care, education, or simply keeping the government funded for another year. No, they are guided by “hot button” social issues that revolve around limiting other people’s freedoms.

24 Likes

Let’s start with throwing Reince in jail.

8 Likes

Does this mean I’m going to start getting emails signed by Steve Bannon and Rebekah Mercer? Cool—then I get to ask about all that human piss Bob Mercer is paying for.

4 Likes

Sadly, no. The inadvertent placement of GOTP polling data in a publically-available cloud is just another example of the “derp” state in perpetual Brownian motion :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Of course Republicans leaked their voter data.

Everyone knows now that Russian intelligence and security services have the best voter analysis software, and if Republicans can’t legally share their data with the Putin administration, then the next best way to get it to Putin’s hackers is to ‘accidentally’ leak it.

15 Likes

“Along with home addresses, birthdates, and phone numbers, the records include advanced sentiment analyses used by political groups to predict where individual voters fall on hot-button issues such as gun ownership, stem cell research, and the right to abortion, as well as suspected religious affiliation and ethnicity.”

I wonder where those 198 million voters fall on the hot-button issues of cyber-security and identity theft?

22 Likes

And certainly no Russian hacker could have found it to use for targeted marketing during an election.

Am I the only one to wonder if perhaps the insecure status was intentional rather than oversight given that it wasn’t corrected after all of the news of DNC hacking?

13 Likes

hot-button issues such as gun ownership, stem cell research, and the right to abortion, as well as suspected religious affiliation and ethnicity.

Which defines the profile of today’s Republican base voter: Christian gun-owners eager to murder stem cell researchers, PP doctors, Mexicans, and Muslims.

9 Likes

This was a GOP data breach so… “Move along folks. Nothing to see here.”

7 Likes

This is one of those things that makes me go hmmm. A data firm -hired by the RNC- stores personal information about 60% of us in cloud storage that is not secure. Wow who could’ve guessed that information would be"accidently" leaked?

8 Likes

“The Deep Root incident” should be called The Deep Rot incident.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available