Discussion: Cop Union President Says 12-Year-Old Was Threat To Killer Cop: 'Absolutely'

Discussion for article #231262

Does being elected the head of a police union make you a fascist authoritarian thug, or do cops pick out the most fascist authoritarian thug in the ranks to be the head of their union? Because at this point, it’s got to be one or the other.

50 Likes

“I think the nation needs to realize that when we tell you to do something, do it,”

24 Likes

You know how it seems like police unions are the only unions Republicans like? It turns out there’s a reason for that: Police unions, like Republicans, are assholes.

29 Likes

Pulling the car right up to the suspect was stupid. It leaves no room at all for defusing the situation. Very poor extremely stupid tactic.

18 Likes

I hope Ari Melber gets his own show soon…

He is wasted on the Cycle.

6 Likes

When I made a similar statement like this a few weeks ago, I realized at the time it sounded extreme. It was extreme.

Now, the police unions themselves are proving my point. THEY are a big part of the problem with police brutality. When a state union can justify extreme viciousness and murder, why would any cop feel that they couldn’t do what they wanted to? Their backs are covered.

10 Likes

Maybe once Ronan is booted out, he will.

2 Likes

“How about this: Listen to police officers’ commands. Listen to what we tell you, and just stop,”

OK, how’s about you give people more than 2 seconds to comply before gunning them down?

Also, someone needs to read his TBogg

19 Likes

Lord Kitchener was at least willing to throw Breaker Morant under the bus for following his orders to kill prisoners.

The cops are determined to circle up the wagons and protect their own no matter how egregious and public the crime.

And, above all, they’ll pull out all the stops to protect this idea that’s taken hold among them that they are entitled to a superhuman show of instantaneous submission, compliance and absolute obedience from people raised to believe they live in a free country whose bloodstreams have suddenly been flooded with flight or fight hormones and that only that kind of compliance to their whims is capable of ensuring their own safety.

22 Likes

Agree. Never have seen The Cycle (don’t watch daytime TV) but saw him fill in as host when O’Donnell was recuperating, and Ari is the most impressive cable host I’ve seen in a long time.

1 Like

“‘I think the nation needs to realize that when we tell you to do something, do it,’ he added.”

Sorry, Mr. Follmer. If cops were less confrontational, all over the place, they might get a bit more respect in situations that require it.

19 Likes

Supposedly he was voted out for someone more community outreach minded. Maybe he’s just pissed and wants to poison the hell out the well. Not joking.

2 Likes

Here’s a challenge for this asshole. Try to give that command while exiting a car in two seconds. If you somehow manage it (you can’t), which one of the following can be done before those 2 seconds are up: 1 Someone has time to react and comply, or, 2 pull a trigger.

11 Likes

During the Cincinnati Riots in 2001, I will never forget the asshole FOP head, Keith Fangman. That piece of crap almost did more to irritate and incite anger and violence than did the murder of Timothy Thomas. Almost. He was so offensive and disgusting that many officers in the black police officers fraternity, the Sentinels, left the FOP.

4 Likes

What. The. Friggidty. F*ck.

Looks like Cleveland needs to clean house.

4 Likes

With police-union supported District Attorneys in Ferguson and Staten Island undermining grand juries in police misconduct cases, the police union in Minneapolis planting the ridiculous #Pointergate story with a local TV station in an attempt to discredit a reform-minded mayor, and police unions demanding punishment for athletes who exercise their First Amendment rights – it’s becoming obvious where the problem in American law enforcement resides.

19 Likes

Well, now we know why some people may feel the need to have automatic weapons at their disposal.

1 Like

Exactly, there was no time for anyone to react, to process what was going on and comply. I’m not sure I would’ve had time to think to drop the toy, let alone a 12 year old who had no clue what was happening or that he might be suspected of wrongdoing.
The bastard unknowingly expresses part of the problem, part of the reason so many are protesting. He doesn’t even for a second acknowledge that this was a child. To them, black folks are never children, we’re never innocent, we’re never victims or simply decent people having a bad day. We’re only ever criminals.

24 Likes

I think the nation needs to realize that when we tell you to do something, do it,

He’s right, of course. For example, if these people don’t stop when Officer Michael tells them to, Mrs. Mallard is canard à la presse.

http://www.postersplease.com/posterblog/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/copducks.jpg

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available