Discussion: Contrary to Claims, Naval Strike Group Wasn't Headed To N. Korea Last Week

True, but some judicious soft-pedaling keeps me out of rackety tiresome side arguments about who’s lethally naive not me you’re lethally naive and on and on. I’ve read “Homage to Catalonia” and I know where that stuff can end up.

3 Likes

I’m speculating that the Rusians and Chinese, with their many surveillance satellites, must have known the true course of the flotilla, several days ago. The Chinese may well have informed the North Koreans. In any case,

15 Likes

I didn’t think much of it at the time thinking that they were moving a second carrier group into the area. The U.S.S. Ronald Reagan carrier group is already based in Japan.

2 Likes

@mattinpa, I don’t see here that anyone has mentioned that this song is from '72. I’m assuming the Lehrer song below is even older. It took us this long to get this real-time stupid.

2 Likes

Wonder if Trump was informed of the (ahem) miscommunication prior to referencing the “armada.”

1 Like

The world map that Trump really knows about.

4 Likes

[quote=“darrtown, post:39, topic:54523”]
an erroneous explanation by Defense Secretary Jim Mattis
[/quote]Isn’t Mattis supposed to be one of the smart ones???

4 Likes

…the group was instead thousands of miles to the peninsula’s south as late as Saturday,… (engaging) with the Australian Navy.

We must ask the Chinese Premier to give Trump another 10-minute history lesson on why America and Australia are long time allies hopefully in time to stop this.

3 Likes

yo, dudes. hey, there. you’re going the wrong fucking way!

2 Likes

Trump Troop.

5 Likes

Cute paper kitty.

1 Like

Our mass-level political discourse, at any rate. There are still clever people doing interesting work—Stephen Colbert interviewing Smaug comes to mind:

“It’s hard for conservatives to get good roles in this town,” Smaug said. “That’s why Kelsey Grammer and I are always up for the same part."

5 Likes

Allies, hell! From this it looks like they’re engaged.

1 Like

The world map that Trump knows about.

Of course, he is illiterate. So he misreads the map to mean the yellow-green countries are places he can be pissed on.

He has the best maps. His version indicates typical bladder capacity.

1 Like

Yeah and since Colbert’s ratings have been going up and up and up, apparently there are enough of us still clever enough to appreciate that style of humor.

:wink:

4 Likes

No one has reviewed his work since Fred handed the white hood over to him. What we know of the history there is that Fred bailed The Shitgibbon out when he got into trouble. There was apparently never a reckoning.

1 Like

we’re so stealthy, we’ve got them thinking we’re going backwards.

4 Likes

Trump has perfected the ultimate technique of concealing your thinking from your enemies, which—oh, the devilish simplicity of it!—is not to think in the first place.

9 Likes

trumPP was very busy today congratulating dictator Erdogan in Turkey.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available