Discussion: Coats: DOJ Complying With Trump Order, But Must Review Declassification First

IOW: everybody responsible in official DC knows this is terrified misdirection by a mentally-deteriorating Russian asset, and plans to slow-roll the insanity until he forgets about it.

23 Likes

For reasons of transparency or for the purpose of appearing transparent?

Release Trump’s tax returns. For reasons of transparency.

21 Likes

Steele was a longtime FBI informant whose Democratic-funded research into Trump ties to Russia …

Where would we be without the usual “truthiness” from AP, which neglects to say that Steele’s research was originally funded by a Trump opponent in the Republican primaries.

24 Likes

Oh I don’t know. This move has a constituency in congress. It will likely happen. Question I have is whether Nunes and Meadows know what they’re getting. I assume they have an idea, but their absurd attempts to spin this kind of info have only worked among the Trump base.

2 Likes

Because of my incompetence and many negative manic personality traits, being a life long grifter, flimflam artist, philander, deadbeat, pathological proven serial liar and guilty, I am unable to not obstruct justice to try to save myself, Dirty Donny Trump.

4 Likes

“With the walls clearly closing in on him, President Trump is lashing out with this extraordinarily reckless and irresponsible release of classified information in a desperate attempt to distract from the seven guilty pleas and the mounting evidence of multiple criminal enterprises among his closest advisers,” they said.

And G-d only knows what he will do as a next diversionary step.

5 Likes

“Trump made the extraordinary move Monday in response to calls from his allies in Congress who say they believe the Russia investigation was tainted by anti-Trump bias within the ranks of the FBI and Justice Department.”

I think it would be a bit difficult for a professional member of the intelligence community to not get a little biased against someone when evidence you’re seeing says he and his campaign are conspiring with a foreign enemy to steal an election and undermine US democracy.

13 Likes

I agree - eventually, what li’l donnie has declassified will be released. My question is, since the pages included are probably cherry-picked information, what other pages can the Intel Community declassify and release at the same time to give a clearer picture - and would they do that?

5 Likes

Nunes and crew are behind it
They are desperate to derail Mueller in any way they can, because they are dirty , with Oligarch Rubles awash everywhere

9 Likes

Trump, not two weeks ago, (entering stage left like the hysterical whiny bitch bullies like he invariably become) “Oh my Gawd !!! Robert Mueller cannot possibly do ANYTHING during the 60 days before an election !!! It would be a violation of the Constitution !!! It has always been thus, no investigation or indictments or flashy breaking news of guilty pleas within 60 days of an election. Going back to Our Founding Fathers !!!”

Donald Trump yesterday- “Fuck it, release all these classified documents on an on-going investigation. We are taking a beating on Kavanaugh. Paul Manafort plead guilty on Friday. Michael Flynn’s sentencing was announced in violation of the 60 day rule. No more Mr. Nice guy.”

5 Likes

The main thing AP neglects to mention is that trump and his minions get to choose which pages to declassify, and what to redact. So if they want to declassify just the pages that support their position and redact the occasion “not”, that’s within their authority.

3 Likes

“Complying with Trump Order”. There’s a report this morning that there is no “Order.” As usual, Huckabee Sanders announced that Trump declassified the docs. That’s not an Order. When Trump did the same thing with banning transgender recruits into the military, the Joint Chiefs promptly said that when they received an Order they would review it.

Is there anyone in DOJ with the cojones to say a) there is no Order; and b) if an Order is eventually issued, DOJ will not release information inconsistent with the national interest?

6 Likes

“Trump made the extraordinary move Monday in response to calls from his allies in Congress who say they believe the Russia investigation was tainted by anti-Trump bias within the ranks of the FBI and Justice Department.”

another news organization might say:
The president made the extraordinary demand on Monday when a staff member suggested it might distract from the actual criminal activity of all parties involved. The DOJ had many anti-Hilary partisans, but those emails are not being released."

7 Likes

WOW…these SOBs really don’t give a sweet sht about the United States do they? They don’t care if we’ve been hacked, they don’t care if there is a LEGAL INVESTIGATION into wrong doing to our country…all they care about is their perceived winning or losing and what they can do to fk the US. I never want to hear any ‘patriotic’ horsepucky out of their mouths again. Ever. Scalise? Are you fking KIDDING me?

6 Likes

Be so fucking funny if in an effort to show bias in the FBI he actually uncovers a lot of so far unseen evidence of collusion.

Yeah they are all party and self over country. Almost makes me believe in execution for this shit, but jail would probably be a more painful punishment for these fucks.

2 Likes

“Extraordinarily reckless” handling of classified information … now why, oh why does that sound so familiar?

Hmmm, Mr. Comey?

HRC: Has a couple of lines of relatively unimportant stuff marked Confidential (lowest of the classification levels) on a server in her own house.

GOP: Treason! Treason! Lock her up!

DJT: Throws highly sensitive intelligence material into the air like a clown at a parade tossing candy to the kids.

GOP: Transparency!

8 Likes

Trump always asserts that it’s “bias” when anyone has a less-than-positive opinion of him.

• Mueller is “biased” because of those golf membership fees
  • Strzok was “biased” because he didn’t want Trump to be elected

Presumably, since ~138.8 million Americans voted in 2016 and only 62.9 million voted for Trump, the other 75.8 million Americans are biased. EDIT: Actually, it’d be higher. His count of biased people would also include anyone able to vote who refused to go to the polls and vote for him. So, since 138.8m is ~55.7% of the voting-age population… that’s 186.3 million Americans biased against Trump.

His search for “bias,” such as it is, is a half-assed witch hunt.

And it’s obv not helping our political discourse when one side rejects outright the possibility that a disagreement can be rooted in anything other than illegitimate prejudice. Trumpers and foaming Foxers are constantly being told that anyone who disagrees with them has a kind of pre-existing condition. Another norm bites the dust.

2 Likes

This is where the Anonymous NYT OpeEd writer is supposed to save the nation and slow this process to a crawl.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available