Discussion: Clinton On Trump Attacks: I've Dealt With Men Who Are 'Off The Reservation'

Citing Lawn News? I’m very, very afraid now…

8 Likes

Darcy can’t help himself. He needs the attention, even the negative kind

8 Likes

What snark? Darcy is deadly serious.

3 Likes

He’ll be mad for a few months and although I’m not sure how we’ll be able to tell the difference he’ll get over the disappointment of Bernie losing eventually.

1 Like

That’s for sure. It’s gonna be a double funk for Darcy. No Bernie to root for and no Obama to insult anymore.

4 Likes

I just don’t see how he can keep saying stuff and she can keep mocking him and we can keep watching them, for another six months. We’ll all die of exhaustion. Or boredom.

1 Like

Darcy/Clarance/SisterKevin is a miserable fellow but a pretty good foxhole mate.

I’m surprised she used such a loaded term, so I looked up the etymology to be sure and found an interesting article in NPR Codeswitch. She will probably get some pushback and she should excise it from her vocabulary, even though it is part of the common vernacular. http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2014/06/29/326690947/should-saying-someone-is-off-the-reservation-be-off-limits

6 Likes

ryoko: grow the fuck up.

6 Likes

Does intent matter anymore?

I don’t disagree and I personally don’t really care. I’m an ethnic minority myself and it’s not unusual to hear supposedly loaded words re my ethnicity, but I’m also aware many people (including myself) use many of those terms without knowing their origins and without intending anything ill. Excessive PC police is tiring, and I am more interested in contexts and intents.

Then again, in this particular case, I’m not a Native and hence not in the position to say it is no problem at all. Plus, we are in a Cautious Politician time :slight_smile: right?

7 Likes

Personality! Personality Plus here pal! Thought you must have fallen out of your chair with that Jane Sanders’ remark about the FBI hurrying up. Cut the woman some slack. You got Hillary winning after a few shaky primaries.

And look at it this way, it will be just like living in England again, with a Queen.

Don’t ever help Trump and his SCOTUS appointee.

1 Like

As you should be.

Yeah, good question. There’s the actual meaning of what she intended. And then there’s what someone can make of it if they want to. The latter is a distraction; if she can avoid creating the opportunity, she should. Of course. considering she’s probably going to be running against Trump, she might as well say whatever the hell she wants!

1 Like

If I had a time machine that would allow me to rewind us to this point I would root for Bernie to win the primary so I could point and laugh and say “I told you so” while Republicans turned him into minced meat.

3 Likes

@Doreums
Darcy/Clarance/SisterKevin is a miserable fellow but a pretty good foxhole mate.

I remember them all

3 Likes

I’d be seriously torn… scary but tempting…

1 Like

We’ve been Internet friends a long time.

Slack is already low in stock. I’ve used too much already.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available