Discussion: Clinton On Trump Attacks: I've Dealt With Men Who Are 'Off The Reservation'

To paraphrase the late, great Ann Richards:

“Donald Trump reminds every woman of her first husband.”

41 Likes

Bravo and well said. Bur Darcy, as much of a pain in the ass he is, knows better. Darcy is a bomb thrower. He likes the attention it gets him, otherwise he’d get none.

11 Likes

OMG/ I laughed so hard I almost peed. You are one of the funniest (and smartest) commenter here at TPM (among many)

14 Likes

Well said

7 Likes

Great snark darcy!

2 Likes

You mean bomb thrower Darcy

1 Like

Sometimes I feel like irasdad is the only one who gets some of my jokes.

6 Likes

The more he goes after her, the worse it is for him. Republicans know what’s going on - that’s why I hear so many every day saying she’s going to clobber him and she will. They know the jig is up

6 Likes

More like Trump is off his meds and his rocker.

3 Likes

Is that you John Robie? Come right in. I have something for you.

In William Safire’s 2008 book Political Dictionary, its usage in a political context is explained:

“Remaining nominally within a party, but refusing to support the party’s candidate … The phrase first surfaced in the Atlanta Constitution in 1909. The metaphor is rooted in traders’ lingo, referring to Indian reservations in the days when unscrupulous whites would trade ‘firewater’ for goods, and off the reservation was a lonely and dangerous place for an aboriginal American to be.”

also hashing out if this is OK or not OK with those aboriginal Americans has been done

1 Like

Why is there something in that phrase “Off the reservation” I don’t care for?
NATIVE AMERICAN HISTORY MAYBE???
More proof that HRH HRC -when given the chance- is just as insensitive as “Americans” ( Meaning Thieves of Other People’s lands) can be.
But, there is one BIG Difference:
She wants to make POLICY.
Every time she opens her mouth, there’s more I just don’t like.
Where was her staff on this one?

1 Like

Give it a break, please

12 Likes

Sanders lost, get over it.

16 Likes

chammy,
this is for you. Do with it as you wish. I, too, appreciate irasdad’s humor and when I can’t even handle it. . .
I put it out there for those who may wish to use it.

7 Likes

I must admit a few of yours went past my head too. :wink:

1 Like

“I’m not going to deal with their temper tantrums or efforts to try to provoke me.”
“He can say whatever he wants to say about me, I could really care less,” Clinton said.

The best way to deal with child-like behavior. Very Presidential, I might add. You go, girl – straight to the White House!

11 Likes

That made me smile. Irasdad is pretty sensational. He could probably do stand up

6 Likes

Reallly. These Hillary haters are wearing on my last nerve. The purists

16 Likes

I’m still praying for you to get a personality but the Lord must be busy getting people out of traffic tickets.

15 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available