Discussion: Christie Crony And BridgeGate Player To Plead Guilty To Federal Charge

1 Like

Timing; must be very helpful to Christie??? NO???

1 Like

thinking the same, why couldn’t he just go to the bathroom for the next week ?

Its getting HOT in here:

NEWARK— Former Port Authority chairman David Samson arrived in federal court in Newark this morning, expected to plead guilty in connection with a continuing criminal investigation into the powerful bi-state agency, WNBC News is reporting.

Prosecutors said a court hearing has been scheduled on a matter of interest, followed by an afternoon press conference with Port Authority officials, but would not confirm that the focus was on Samson.

According to WNBC, citing an unnamed source, he is expected to plead guilty to a single count of conspiracy.

Christie has released a statement…

4 Likes

Buh bye, Christie! Yer toast!!

“I’m honored to accept your nomination for vice-president of the Un…what the fuck!?”

4 Likes

“Crony falls on own sword to protect (mobbed-up) Boss. No News at 11”

6 Likes

Gosh, Miss Manifest, isn’t “conspiracy” something that can only be done in concert with OTHERS?

Yes, and that’s why whenever one gets wind of a coming single count guilty plea, one’s senses should become acutely focused on a whole whack of particularized indictments to come against Even More Senior Types.

Senior to Chairman of the Port Authority, Miss M? That’s pretty darn hard to figure out, given he was jointly appointed by the governors of NJ and NY! Say, do you mean what I THINK you mean, Miss Manifest?

Ain’ no vee pee nom for Chris
Ain’ no vee pee nom for Chris

2 Likes

Actually, the way the modern feds work, this kind of plea is typically a precursor to the next step up the ladder.

6 Likes

thanks for showing places like louisiana how corruption is done!

2 Likes

Yeah, but you know, Benghazi.

2 Likes

Sorry wrong bridge.

However, had Galloping Girdy been able to install Chris Christie as ballast, it’s likely he could have prevented the fundamental frequency of the bridge being reached, thereby preventing it’s collapse.

That said, this guy should be given 30 years to send a message to other corrupt politicians that justice will be done when you violate the public’s trust. Anything other than the maximum sentence is just a signal that corruption is OK and it’s just business as usual.

are you shittin me we down here in Louisiana know dammed well how to be corrupt…lol we should sell a book how to be corrupt in 10 easy lessons…republicon edition…democratic edition coming out in paper back…hahahahahaha

Why didn’t he appeal to SCOTUS? They’ve already ruled there’s essentially no such thing as someone exchanging something of value for commensurate consideration by a politician.

1 Like

GOP: What good is power, if you can’t abuse it?

3 Likes

Pleading guilty to just one conspiracy charge, instead of going to trial for doing the deed, usually means agreeing to testify against your co-conspirators. So things are about to get interesting for the Outlaw Jersey Whale.

9 Likes

All Christie’s closest aides and confidants–everyone in orbit around his admittedly massive gravitational force, has seemingly been convicted/indicted/investigated for or plead guilty to a felony crime.

How much longer can the other shoe dangle there precariously on his big fat toe, swinging tantalizingly, wafting those Trenton backroom-cured aromas…before it drops, with a thud?

2 Likes

A slap on the wrist.
Looks like Christies friends at the US atty. office have taken the first step to bury this whole issue and point at, what I expect to be either a suspended sentence - Probation - fine only - at worst 3 months at a Club Fed, as evidence of their diligence in obtaining a 'conviction" to justify ignoring christies role in this.

2 Likes

This is a lot bigger than people think. I wasn’t a prank to belittle the Fort Lee mayor. That was a quick cover story or maybe it was kind of a twofer or a fringe benefit of the bridge closings. This was an act of intimidation against a certain real estate developer. I used to have a friend in Hoboken named Sal. Sal was like having an uncle in the family. I asked Sal once how come all this prime waterfront property in Hoboken (at that time) was undeveloped. He just said it’s owned by the Port Authority. The Port Authority is the mob. That’s all he said. I understood. About five years later a massive renovation starts and now the waterfront is amazing. I guess the right deal just had not been struck.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available