Discussion: Carson: I've Had A Gun Held On Me And I Told The Attacker Who He Wanted (AUDIO)

IF this story is true, Mr. Carson seems to think bravery is siccing a person with a gun on someone else…

1 Like

Wait, this guy has written how many books about his life? Two? And this incident was never in any of them? Having a gun pulled on him?!?! Totally made up bs.

11 Likes

Total lie. I was held up while working at the convenience store Sage Jr. in Cambridge, MA in autumn 1990. a person with a ski mask on came in and pointed what appeared to be a sawed-off shotgun at my face and demanded I give him all the money in the register. I froze for a few moments, then filled a plastic shopping bag with all the money in the register. To this day I cant be sure if it was a real gun or a toy, all I could focus on was the gaping black barrel inches from my nose. What an arrogant prick.

9 Likes

Even if Carson’s story is wholly true (questionable), it shows him NOT doing what he brags he’d do in the same situation now.

Typical John Wayne bravado from the right-wing. All talk, no action.

They must really be compensating for some really small manhood or something.

6 Likes

Ever since I first saw him speak, I’ve been wondering if he’s some kind of idiot savant. He is reported to be a great neurosurgeon, and I haven’t heard anything contradicting that, but damned if I can see any tiny spark of intellect when he speaks on any other topic.

As for his story, I’m sure it can be verified by the police report. Guy walks into a Popeye’s, points his gun at people, and possibly robs the place - surely someone called the cops. And our good man here wouldn’t take off without making a statement to the police, being a witness and key player and all, right? Right??

10 Likes

Ben Carson, Story Teller…

Jaw-dropping that he thinks it demonstrates his cool superiority that he redirected the danger TOWARD A POOR YOUNG MINIMUM-WAGE WORKER!!! Whose workplace would, ever after, be the scene of a trauma, if the account is to be believed (which I don’t). Just such a horrible, horrible mindset in so many ways expressed in that statement.

9 Likes

empty ben: you were lucky it wasn’t george zimmerman.

i also had a gun pointed at me when i was driving a cab at night when i was in college. i gave him the
money and he didn’t kill me. found different work.

2 Likes

WHAT. THE. HOLY. FUCK.

Folks, I knew this guy professionally several years ago. He was not like this. Something bad happened to this dude.

7 Likes

How come he sicced the Bad Guy With a Gun on the guy behind the counter? Why didn’t he rush him? Is he a coward or was he waiting for the Good Guy With a Gun to show up?

And how come HE wasn’t strapped?

2 Likes

So he admits to providing material advice to a criminal during the commission of a crime? Haha…that’s aiding and abetting!

2 Likes

It’s called ‘selling your soul.’

24 Likes

I’m going to have to go in the closet and shut the door and say some things about the Popeye’s part of this so that they don’t end up on the intertubez…

What a fucking wonderful humanitarian! Just the right kind of Republican to send thousands more soldiers into the meat grinder of the middle East and around the world, since he would not lose one minute of sleep from guilt. I really, really hope this motherfucker gets the nomination. I really do. He will be destroyed, as he should be.

1 Like

I was at a KFC when the guy ahead of me pulled out a pair of nunchuks and said that if the guy behind the counter didn’t give him a Double Down Sandwich™ RIGHT NOW, he was going to do a Bruce Lee impersonation. It was terrifying.

We all rushed him.

Vote for Uncle Ben!

1 Like

Wow. Just what the hell really IS going to happen with the republicans in the next year? You’ve got Trump, Carson, and Fiorina saying things that are so wacked-out they make Mitt Romney look like a cross between Einstein, Jesus and Yoda.

Carson’s story only demonstrates his own urge for self-preservation; the very thing that prevents people from rushing a gunman all at once.

We are all royally screwed if any of these people actually becomes president.

2 Likes

There’s something seriously, seriously not right about this guy.

1 Like

I can’t wait for Donald Trump commenting…

I guess self preservation is a natural thing, so saying don’t shoot me is natural, but saying shoot that guy over there is a little above and beyond self preservation. Saying that you did that on national TeeVee is just plain nuts.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available