Discussion: Benghazi Chair Returns Donations

Discussion for article #241947

1 Like

He is at least consistent. http://www.politico.com/story/2014/05/republicans-benghazi-fundraising-trey-gowdy-106461
Shame the rest of his party isn’t.

1 Like

Photo reminds me of Dr Strangelove

3 Likes

Trey Gowdy (R-SC) is now returning $6,000

What difference does it make?

7 Likes

“If you hear Trey Gowdy, Benghazi and donate in the same message,”

But any other variation is fine… or perhaps if you only READ it in the same message…

1 Like

He thinks last week was bad. This week is starting off worse.

10 Likes

You don’t get to “undo” an ethics violation by giving the money back. Where’s Grayson when we need him?

16 Likes

Warning: "Perchance he for whom this bell tolls may be so ill, as that he knows not it tolls for him; and perchance I may think myself so much better than I am, as that they who are about me, and see my state, may have caused it to toll for me, and I know not that."

7 Likes

Yea some other PAC not tied to those particular ads will probably double that amount to make up for it.

4 Likes

Less money for a hair stylist.

1 Like

9 Likes

This isn’t a change of heart, its simply trying to cover up how Gowdy and crew operate and burn the money trails and hopefully firewall actual journalism from asking embarrassing questions about the cesspool of an ecosystem (aka Wingnut Welfare™) that Gowdy and the GOP live and operate in.

18 Likes

I encourage TPM to keep running articles about this imbecile because the photos of him just keep getting worse and worse.

10 Likes

“The memories of our lost fellow citizens should not be used for fundraising, nor should their families’ suffering be exploited,” Ware told the Post.

He added, “However, their deaths should be used to bring down Hillary’s numbers.”

8 Likes

Trey:
http://a2.img.talkingpointsmemo.com/image/upload/c_fill,fl_keep_iptc,g_faces,h_365,w_652/eefojw0mtdp8ojeea2s4.jpg

Trey, in Trey’s mind:

5 Likes

Airing LIVE Thursday, Oct 22 7:00am PDT [10 a.m.EDT] on C-SPAN3

OCTOBER 22, 2015
Hillary Clinton Testimony at House Select Committee on Benghazi
Hillary Clinton testifies before the House Select Committee on Benghazi, which is investigating the events surrounding the 2012 terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate there

2 Likes

4 Likes

About the only fashion these TEA-hadits haven’t screwed the pooch is to set themselves on fire.

I can only hope they still have some ambition.

4 Likes

At the debate Clinton pointed out that embassy/consulate work is not risk free and those who serve know that and still go. As the parent of a Foreign Service Officer assigned to a consulate that has been attacked in the past, we were well aware of the risks. Said offspring has strong feelings about service to country and went willingly, although no violence was actually anticipated at that time, but who really knows?

I suspect that those who died in Bengazi felt the same about their service. I’ve wondered that their families haven’t come forward to point out that his witch hunt is just that - a witch hunt. Just as soldiers die, SFOs are also at risk even if less frequently.

13 Likes

Talk is cheap. I would like to see some proof that Gowdy returned the money–I don’t believe it’s true. And I definitely would like to see proof that he turned down further donations from the Get Hillary cartel.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available