Discussion: 'Art Of The Deal' Ghostwriter Regrets Trump Book: 'I Put Lipstick On A Pig'

1 Like

A racist, sexist, unhinged, and therefore dangerous pig, but otherwise, an apt metaphor.

9 Likes

Trump told the New Yorker. ā€œI wrote the book. I wrote the book. It was my book. And it was a No. 1 best-seller, and one of the best-selling business books of all time. Some say it was the best-selling business book ever."

Somebody REALLY needs to bump the needle on that album.
19 Likes

Aw, Trump didnā€™t even sue his lying, ungrateful ass. It must really be love. Trump, always the charmer.

2 Likes

ā€œI wrote the book. I wrote the book. It was my bookā€¦I had a lot of choice of who to have write the book, and I chose you."

20 Likes

ā€œI could have sued you, but I didnā€™t.ā€

A more reflexive comment was never uttered by the man. Suing people who speak the truth about him is default mode for this guy.

ā€œHe didnā€™t write the book,ā€ Trump told the New Yorker. ā€œI wrote the book. I wrote the book. It was my book. And it was a No. 1 best-seller, and one of the best-selling business books of all time. Some say it was the best-selling business book ever.ā€

Well, if you actually wrote it, moron, why did you let this guy take half the royalties? What kind of art is that deal?

Pretty telling that the person who spent all that time getting to know the subject would call him a sociopath.

23 Likes

My thoughts exactly.

5 Likes

Damn, sgfromgr and I were just commenting about this on another thread. Thunder. Stolen.

6 Likes

Pigs have never been portrayed so negatively. :pig: :pig2:

9 Likes

Tony Schwartz: ā€œI put lipstick on a pigā€

Thatā€™s okay, I put demon eyes on an ass-clown. Itā€™s all good. (borrowed from Carlyā€™s sheepā€¦)

10 Likes

No doubt. Pigs are one of the smartest mammals around. Far more intelligent that anyone associated with the Republican party right now. Very sweet creatures too, unless provoked of course.

4 Likes

ā€œI genuinely believe that if Trump wins and gets the nuclear codes there is an excellent possibility it will lead to the end of civilization,ā€ he said.

The ultimate in nontraditionalā€¦

6 Likes

ā€œI genuinely believe that if Trump wins and gets the nuclear codes there is an excellent possibility it will lead to the end of civilization,ā€ he said.

Drumpf no doubt considers that to be an endorsement.

2 Likes

The Dems should feature this guy on an ā€˜informercialā€™

4 Likes

ā€œItā€™s impossible to keep him focussed on any topic, other than his own self-aggrandizement, for more than a few minutes,ā€ Schwartz said. ā€œIf he had to be briefed on a crisis in the Situation Room, itā€™s impossible to imagine him paying attention over a long period of time.ā€

The above really jumped out at me. Itā€™s why Iā€™m most looking forward to what I think will be the first and only debate this year. He will be completely unable and unwilling to study and prep for it. I expect him to make Sarah Palin look like Winston Churchill.

24 Likes

check the terms on that non disclosureā€¦

Not to mention he is going against Hillary who is just amazing at how much information she can draw from on the fly.

4 Likes

Exactly! What a conundrum - who to believe? Donald Trump or Donald Trump? One of them is lying and one is telling the truthā€¦

7 Likes

ā€œI put lipstick on a pig,ā€ The Art of the Squeal?

17 Likes

well done, matthew1961!

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available