Discussion: Apprentice Transcript Hidden In Plain View: Trump Critiques Woman's Skin

So obviously a penalty instead of liquidated damages, it’s laughable. And given that that show is never going to be on ever, ever again, I’d say actual damages are going to be zero.

3 Likes

"Personally, I am, as you probably heard, not a gay man, but I think he’s better looking that [sic] Emily okay?” Trump said, referring to Bryan,

He went on: “And I prefer the skinny Euromodel type ladies, favored by gay fashion designers and runway photographers.”

3 Likes

“Personally, I am, as you probably heard, not a gay man, but I think he’s better looking …”

It’s okay, Donnie. You don’t have to explain yourself, or your many, many peccadillos. That you’ve married several beards is your business, not mine. Your — and Rudy’s — secrets are safe with me. And all that stuff about you and Cohn and the thrice weekly late-night trips to the Port Authority Bus Terminal is safe, too.

8 Likes

Employees on the show had to sign a nondisclosure agreement
keeping them from releasing footage of the show,
and a copy of an NDA reviewed by the Huffington Post
showed there is a $5 million penalty for discussing the show.

I’m in for $50.
We could kill that NDA in a matter of days I’d think.

jw1

4 Likes

It would seem you’d have to get a subpoena by a judge first under some legitimate claim, that you were somehow harmed in the process of being in the show or associated with it that rises above the conditions within the non-disclosure agreement. Or, that the non-disclosure agreement was made under criminal or civil bad acts to avoid legitimate legal prosecution of some sort. Clearly, I’m not a lawyer, but it seems there are ways to void some contracts when they enable or facilitate illegal behavior I would think. Workplace harassment would seem to fall under that rubric.

I was wondering how those transcripts aren’t also under the purview and are the property of Burnett, since he paid for them from the transcriptionists. And wasn’t Cindi Lauper one of his employees? Is she allowed to confirm this and that, or is she being forced to take a risk here in doing so? With Trump and his hostile litigious behavior, I could see him going after anyone at this point that gets in his way out of pure spite. His antagonism knows no bounds.

1 Like

Why is Mark Burnett concerned with the Presidential election? Burnett is British and his wife is Irish. I know Trump is his friend and has made lots of money for him. I’ve heard a lot of people talking about boycotting his shows. Lots of people, very good people, they are all talking boycott.

7 Likes

You’ll have to wait in line. Dem operator named David Brock is already down to help anyone who’s got the n-word tape.

I’ve thought that often. The constant and obsessive demonstrations of hetero masculinity, the obvious underlying insecurity, it speaks for itself. He’s just about destroyed his entire life bragging to some nobody about what a horny guy he is. Who doesn’t know what that means?

7 Likes

And the really smart ones made sure his check cleared beforehand as well.

3 Likes

Mark Burnett is a right-wing zealot and he’s never giving up any video or transcripts

3 Likes

I believe Burnett is covering his own ass as an employer that allowed workplace harassment and intimidation. He opens himself up to being sued himself…not just protecting Trump in this matter. He’s also a Trump supporter for whatever that’s worth.

8 Likes

Turns out I was right in not watching any of his shitty, boorish shows over the years. Any of them.

4 Likes

Well, you know the old saying…

“Lie down with Trump; get up with crabs, herpes, UTI, fungal infection, hepatitis, and the clap.”

11 Likes

Me too, considering how long they’ve been on TV. I did watch the first season or two of “Survivor” but I only caught the first season of “The Apprentice” and that shit wasn’t worth my time. Now we are flooded with all these stupid phony reality shows. Another big one is Big Brother I think…and oh, “The Bachelor” or “Bachelorette” I never watched those either. Its just a continuation of the crude, de-evolution of television that began with stupid shows like Jerry Springer and Maury Povich and continued with other clone-like programs. I remember when "The People’s Court with Judge Wapner was a big deal. I watched that. Now we have zillions of wingnut judge shows where civil litigation on TV is supposed to be permissible as a way to dole out justice in 30 minutes and have all decisions final. Its all garbage.

Give me a good movie, a half-way decent procedural with interesting characters or a decent documentary and I’m happy. Otherwise, feh. TV sucks these days…

6 Likes

This is where the “unconventional” campaign really screwed up… the first thing that anyone running for a major office does is to have a friendly firm run oppo against you – to uncover all those things that you’ve even forgotten. You do that to yourself – so you can be ready to deal with it when it comes from the other side.

Addendum: People keep asking why the Republicans didn’t throw anything like this at him – and the short answer is: glass houses. They assumed that he would flame out and that there was no need to start something that would damage them in the general. So they sat there – muskets in hand – while the tanks rolled by. Hillary’s camp, on the other hand, has plenty of surrogates that could leak this sort of stuff – with credibility and deniability. Those who think that the only thing she’s learned over the last 30 years is to be cautious don’t know her very well.

8 Likes

Trump focused his attention in on singer Emily West and her skin.

“I assume you’re gonna leave this off, don’t put this shit on the show, you know. But her skin, her skin sucks, okay?” he says in the transcript, according to the Huffington Post. “I mean her skin, she needs some serious fuckin’ dermatology.”

How many more people will be publicly humiliated before this shit show ends?

Edit to add:

I wonder how many people are googling Emily West to judge for themselves?

2 Likes

I was going to say that. At law a penalty is unenforceable - and liquidated damages have to be relatable to actual damage suffered or else they will be found to be a penalty. Of course lots of people don’t want to spend the legal fees to roll that dice. But maybe some like Lauder won’t give a f***.

5 Likes

This Burnett’s doing who BTW supports Trump.

2 Likes

Methinks that the discussion / analysis / considerations should include Mr. Trump the Elder’s sexuality: The bus incident where Trump is speaking to a younger man (Twink?) about sex and groping … is this designed to make the younger man horny? (Psychologists have suggested this is the intent.) It is known that locker room banter is a common enough event - however, it’s also known that that kind of talk usually ends around the age of 25-29. So, What’s Mr. Trump the Elder doing ‘bantering" about sex at the age of 59, with a younger man? And then we have this comment, "“Personally, I am, as you probably heard, not a gay man …” Methinks that Mr. Trump the Elder, doth protest too much. It’s also not uncommon that Republicans, wanting to remove the scourge of homosexuality, do so to protect their cozy little closets. Just sayin’. Somebody said this was true. I don’t know. But someone said.

1 Like

I never watched one minute of that piece of garbage show. - It’s a good show for brain-damaged people.

5 Likes

I hope Dr. Frankenstein doesn’t escape foisting this monster on us unscathed.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available