Discussion: AP Poll: Most Think Trump Has Illegally Or Unethically Colluded With Russia

Maddow reminded us the other day of the old Dutch people are being euthanized thing he put out to the Dutch government’s consternation…

4 Likes

That and the fact that he’s a colossal dick. (H/T Charles Pierce)

5 Likes

trumpp wins on lies, 103 in 10 months, compared to Obama’s maybe lies in eight years. The difference being when President Obama was called on his statements he never said them again. trumpp repeats and repeats and repeats.

3 Likes

The GOP is set in stone on this as long as there is something to be gained. It’ll take an earthquake of indictments and evidence to loosen their grip. And, even then, I’m not so sure. Why Democrats aren’t going after the likes of Jim Jeffords,Trey Gowdy, and any Republican on the House and Senate committees is incomprehensible.
They sure ain’t very good at multitasking.

I guess I just don’t see who isn’t doing that. Literally every hour on MSNBC features a Democrat praising Mueller’s integrity, mentioning he’s a Republican, and saying the investigation is legitimate.

1 Like

Now I feel like John McLaughlin on The McLaughlin Group gasbag fest.

“WRONG!”

2 Likes

Being a colossal dick makes good TV??

2 Likes

Only for Ron Jeremy.

3 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

I’m back in the swim, amica mia, so gotta go, to my regret. Til later.

1 Like

Nah.
Then they’ll just climb up higher on Bullshit Mountain and blame whoever he and Bannon point at.
The bridge too far? War. Cheetolini starts getting their sons and daughters killed in some idiotic conflict that, oh, by the way, is making the oligarchs richer, and they will finally turn on him. Just like they did on Bush.

We can’t afford to wait that long. We can NOT let these idiots pull this stunt again. We’ve got to get rid of this monster without them.

2 Likes

Without trying to speak for Epicurus I think he was talking more about Santorum’s motivation for being on TV than about CNN’s motivation for having him.

3 Likes

Here’s how things look to me:

Fox, R-congress, Breitbart, et al are doing their best to destabilize and discredit the DOJ (Special Counsel’s) investigation. They’re doing it because they’re expecting Mueller’s report to include only OoJ by Donnie. Then they will go to the polls of their constituents, which will say they believe the president and impeachment would be wrong.

And they’ll do nothing.

However, if this goes on sufficiently into 2018, it can be used to win back the House and Senate. Then all bets are off.

1 Like

And the remaining are Fox News viewers.

[quote=“mattinpa, post:74, topic:66402”]
For months the numbers of people identifying as Republican has shrunk, which misleadingly maintains the percentage of support for Trump among the remaining ones.
[/quote]You mean, the 80% support he still has among the 10,000 people who still call themselves Republicans is not the greatest support of any Republican president ever in the history of the country?

3 Likes

O that’s good news - enjoy.

1 Like

And the bad news for conservatives keeps coming.

My TPM membership renewed for another year! :sunny:

1 Like

“Wrong! Exit question: On a scale of negative three to 18.7 – negative three meaning zero probability, 18.7 meaning absolute metaphysical certitude – what are the odds that John McLaughlin was a bloviating, sexual-harassing, carnival-barking shill who forever poisoned political dialog, vis-à-vis rightwing, Reagan-fellating, war-mongering, GOP Doublespeak that paved the way for Trump lunacy? Eleanor Clift!”

12 Likes

This isn’t Family Feud?

3 Likes

I basically agree. But in the meantime there are items I would love to see them address.
Did Ken Starr’s team have any member who might have been anti-Clinton? Was Ken Starr himself possibly biased? A few (perhaps silly) rhetorical questions might not hurt. The Dems generally lack a good ‘talking head’ personality; I mean someone who can run the talk show circuit or do TV news interviews effectively. It’s a special talent.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available