Discussion: Alabama Sen. Shelby Says State GOP Should Revoke Roy Moore's Endorsement

That would be pretty damn funny actually.

They should both lose their licenses. I can’t believe Moore still has his - he is five times loonier than I realized he was when he was a loony judge.

5 Likes

So, when will the GOP FINALLY implode and go away? Forever?

I’m betting by Thanksgiving…

4 Likes

Perhaps in a run of the mill special election during normal times when people are comfortable getting up in the morning and living their lives without the constant worries from this badministration.

These are not normal times and I think Doug Jones has a chance. And Moore’s blind loyalists, aka his herd, will enter the voting booth and write in his name just because they will not be told what to do by some establishment insider godammit!

10 Likes

And that was when?

Alabama republicans covered up for him for years, and they’re still trying to do that.

Good grief, Rush. Happily, your days are numbered.

Edited to add that, actually, the republicans sticking with Moore are going to be temporarily embarrassed when he loses. The women and men of Alabama with brains might just start to change the culture.

Rooting for you! Yay, 'bama!

4 Likes

I also think that there may be some evangelicals who will finally see the light in the voting booth and not vote for RoyBoy, they just won’t admit it to their husbands or social circle…

6 Likes

I rarely cross-post, but in this case, I’ll make an exception:

16 Likes

They won’t have to write in his name. Regardless of what happens, Moore’s name will be printed on those ballots, no matter how embarrassing that is for the Rs.

10 Likes

Does this ‘Bernie Bernstein’ have a Russian accent by any chance?

5 Likes

This is what a stash of really good kush, a large bong, a copy of Visio and a mondo big monitor will yield. A roll of Reynold’s can help with inspiration.

Heard it from a friend…

7 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

About Shelby

if we want to talk about opportunistic, how about someone like Sen. Richard Shelby of Alabama? Elected twice to the Senate as a conservative Democrat, Shelby switched to the Republican Party on Nov. 9, 1994 — exactly one day after the GOP won control of Congress. By switching, Shelby remained in the majority. That is opportunistic.

12 Likes

Well Shelby doesn’t have an election to worry about himself now… not unreasonable to assume his last election a year ago is literally his last election.

4 Likes

There was an Alabama woman interviewed by someone at MSNBC (I think it was on Nicole Wallace’s show yesterday) who looked like the typical white suburban soccer mom in the “raising/raised teenagers” age range. She was adamant that she was voting for Doug Jones. She said that he seems like a good guy and that Roy Moore did not seem like a good guy (or words to that effect) and that she’d never voted for a Democrat before in her life.

Of course there are still the “Ahm votin’ for Roy Moore and nothin’s gonna change mah mahnd” crowd down there but there is still hope.

(and yes, I do know that making fun of southern accents doesn’t help my case but I listened to some of the dumbest people in the world in today’s Sessions hearing so I’ve given myself a 1-day pass to ridicule as needed)

17 Likes

Every southern state has its own accent so I just pretend you are talking about some other southern accent than mine.

It’s rather like Chris Rock’s old bit on women and gangster rap - “He isn’t talking about me.” And you know what? That works because that’s always what I think when I’m listening to 50 Cent. :laughing:

3 Likes

I’m perfectly fine with that reason…

7 Likes

16 Likes

Forget it Jake, it’s Alabama…

3 Likes

I’m a bit lost here. On the ballot or not. GOP endorsed or not. The Republican party has no control over Moore being a candidate. He got there based on a primary. They can’t nullify that so they have no recourse.

1 Like

I shouldn’t like that, but I do.

Probably should’ve seen this one coming.

Married when she was 24 and he was 38.

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available