Discussion: Actor Gene Wilder Dead At 83

One of my all time favorite actors. I canā€™t say enough how sad that makes me feel. Looks like Iā€™m going to have to pull out all his movies and have a watch in his honor.

21 Likes

Such a funny man. I know his most famous role was probably Willy Wonka but my favorite roles he took on were in Young Frankenstein and especially, Blazing Saddles.

May he Rest in Peace.

14 Likes

RIP Froederick Fronkenshtein. He was a classic.

13 Likes

We have lost a brilliant man. RIP Gene and give Gilda a kiss from us mere mortals.

22 Likes

Aw, God rest his soul. I hope Gilda gave him a big hug. His ā€˜Put the candle backā€™ routine in Young Frankenstein is one of the most hysterically funny scenes ever filmed. Rest in peaceā€¦

11 Likes

Iā€™m sure it was some idiot child (i.e., someone under 40; theyā€™ll all idiots) who wrote that.

3 Likes

He and Gilda are together again. He was never quite the same after she died. RIP, Gene, and thanks for the laughs.

8 Likes

Loved him in ā€œSilver Streakā€.

5 Likes

For me it was the ā€œsedagiveā€ scene.

6 Likes

Fucking Alzheimersā€¦

If we could only take the ungodly amount of money spent on useless political campaign advertising, and spent it on something useful, like preventing Alzheimers, the world would be a much better placeā€¦

14 Likes

He wasnā€™t the sheriff in Blazing Saddles, He was Cleavon Littleā€™s (Sheriff Bart) gunfighter side kick. Sort of like Mel Brooksā€™ version of John Wayne in a couple of movies.

He was brilliant in everything he did.

4 Likes

Or, ā€œPardon me, boy. Is this the Transylvania Station?ā€

7 Likes

I recall he was with Gilda Radner when she was in her final cancer battle. She talked about how she was so appreciative of his support she wanted every woman to know this about him.

10 Likes

Usually I could care less about celebrities, but this one touched me . He bought many happy moments too our lives.

6 Likes

Elevate me.

6 Likes

Ah shit. I just saw the interview he did with Robert Osborne a couple of weeks ago. I remember thinking, man the dude has gotten old. Seemed to me he was having some recall problems during the interview. RIP brother. You will be missed.

1 Like

Ja, ja. Track tventy-nine. (a beat)
Can I give you shine?

8 Likes

Now way, Young Frankenstein.

1 Like

Have had a mad crush on Gene since this movie came out.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available