Discussion: 3 Dead, Dozens Injured, Amid Violent White Nationalist Rally

He loves “the blacks?”

1 Like

If I were the mayor of Charlottesville, there would be workers with blowtorches cutting up the Lee statue this morning.

16 Likes

They should of done it at night a few days ago, before this stupid hate rally.

7 Likes

@jackster
I wondered the same thing .
In the Redneckistan portion of Central Florida where I live it runs deep
Mah Grandpappy voted Republican
Mah pappy voted Republican
and Ahm votin’ Republican

2 Likes

America has managed to finally answer the question “How could Germany have follow someone like Hitler?”.

15 Likes

Simple and beautifully put.

4 Likes

@censoragain
Flagged and reported. Don’t over-flag and shut down the thread. He “wins” that way.

ETA: He got an extra 50 years this time!

censoragain

 This user is suspended until May 28, 2291 8:40am.
Reason: Troll

5 Likes

A fact which I cannot put aside: his anti-marijuana sentiments are part and parcel of his racist beliefs.

Testimony before Congress regarding marijuana prior its prohibition, and which was a primary cause thereof, contained a number of shockingly blatantly racist statements.* Later legislation(ONDC) served to whitewash past justifications - no pun intended.

(*My considered opinion.)

2 Likes

Yep and before that they were Southern Dems until Johnson and Nixon came along.

3 Likes

Well at least he’ll have his legal fees paid for.

2 Likes

12 Likes

OT? Just barely.

11 Likes

So happy to see Trump being blasted for his decidedly unpresidential remarks about Charlottesville. A national embarrassment.

Meanwhile, our friend Richard Spencer was interviewed by the Daily Mail. Defiant as ever.

The organizer of the white nationalist rally, Richard Spencer, who is the head of the white nationalist National Policy Institute, told DailyMail.com that he and his supporters will continue to demonstrate in the city despite the violent clashes with counter-protesters.

‘We’re going to be back here, and we’re going to humiliate all of these people who opposed us,’ Spencer said in an interview with DailyMail.com.

‘We’ll be back here 1,000 times if necessary,’ he added. ‘I always win. Because I have the will to win, I keep going until I win.’

You are not going to win, little man. The majority of the people in this country will see to that.

9 Likes

“I thought it had something to do with Trump. Trump’s not a white supremacist,” said Bloom, who became visibly upset as she learned of the injuries and deaths at the rally.

“He had an African-American friend so …,” she said before her voice trailed off. She added that she’d be surprised if her son’s views were that far right.

No thugs in our house
Are there dear?
We made that clear
We made little Graham promise us he’d be a good boy
Good boy

3 Likes

from the article,
The violence and deaths in Charlottesville strike at the heart of
American law and justice,” Sessions wrote. “When such actions arise from
racial bigotry and hatred, they betray our core values and cannot be
tolerated.”
Uh-huhn

10 Likes

Denial kills.

This mom’s baby boy is now a full grown neo Nazi murderer. Plus the hate crime thing. That’s a lot of jail time. She has pretty much lost her son.

She didn’t think a lot of things through and now it’s too late. Oh, and if she isn’t a white supremacist, she is really going to hate all the love they are about to pile on her son and her family now. Fawning Nazi supporters. Everyone else hating on you. The shit just hit her fan.

8 Likes

Spencer returned for Saturday’s protest, and denied all responsibility for the violence. He blamed the police.

Who is going to explain this to Law & Order Pixie?

5 Likes

Can’t possibly see this too many times.

7 Likes

Re: Kretin-Nacht was Trump’s Katrina

[quote] I’m proud enough of it to plan to repost it, tomorrow.
It took GWB a lot of mistakes, weeks to butcher things so thoroughly, but that “on many sides, on many sides” coupled with his walking away from the reporter’s question said and did it all in an hour.
The electorate will be hearing and seeing both for a long time–even after Trump is gone–with pictures.
And seeing David Duke. Lots of David Duke saying…
“I pay your salary, young man!”

4 Likes

And call it wishful thinking but there’s a tone, a level of disgust and contempt I haven’t seen yet even in the worst of all the former outrages. White supremacists are killing people. And the President who railed about “Islamic terrorism” can’t, literally can’t condemn it by name. After a week of nuclear saber-rattling. And not to put too fine a point on it, after six months of proving to the GOP they won’t ride this horse to any place they want to go. I think and hope it’s a marker on an increasingly geometric curve downward.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available