What The GOP’s Infrastructure Pay For Would Actually Mean For States And Cities | Talking Points Memo

I believe Portman is Qpublican from Assholia.

1 Like

You know, I think you have a point!

This is fantastic stuff. Where did you find it? How come the mainstream media hasn’t reported all this?

“That this is now being floated as a pay-for is a slap in the face to local leaders who have just really struggled.”

The Republican message to small businesses… keep struggling.

Maybe we can come to some sort of consensus on whether representation should be proportionate to taxation, too?

1 Like

It’s true that many people don’t have a lot of choice. But others do. Should they get a pass if they don’t actually do anything about their GOP run local andtate governments?

So, Republicans want no changes to Trump’s tax giveaway, but they want President Biden to give up the funds appropriated for his signature legislative accomplishment.

4 Likes

And how many votes did they hold to repeal the ACA? 60? 70?

To quote Dirty Harry, in all the excitement, I lost count.

I’d also point out that as much as there is lingering suspicion of public health initiatives botched in a racist manner, the refusals are still steadily abating amongst minority populations at a far faster rate than among, say, white male Trump-inclined Republicans. Priority now is to get around the difficulties for people of getting time off work, both for the shot, and in case of side effects, not to mention the fear they’re still going to be heavily charged for something that in fact is being provided for free.

2 Likes