WH Claims It’s ‘Extraordinary Unlikely’ Senate Trial Goes Longer Than Two Weeks | Talking Points Memo

White House officials on Wednesday played down the idea that the coming Senate impeachment trial could last longer than two weeks — an estimate that’s at odds with what even top Senate Republicans believe about how long the trial will last.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1284835
1 Like

The seas will evaporate before wishful thinking does.

And Lev Parnas will be interviewed on Maddow tonight.

56 Likes

Games are easier when the refs are pre-worked.

15 Likes

The magical thinking of criminals and traitors.

Time’s up, pro-putin cabal. The end begins.

7 Likes

Of course, the WH has coordinated with the Senate Majority leaders as to what is going to happen when. Bookies should not be taking any bets about the duration, much less about the result, it’s all arranged.

4 Likes

Whiny, lying, scaredy-cat bitches say what?

14 Likes

Well, of course - he wants this over.

Unfortunately, he’s about to find out he doesn’t run things.

And a reminder, which the media should be replaying daily: he works for us; we don’t work for him.

30 Likes

Would that enough GOP senators come to their senses and vote 67+ to throw you to the curb .
Then how would you spin it?

13 Likes

The “senior administration official” here sure sounds a lot like Mick Mulvaney.

20 Likes

Is two weeks long enough for every R Senator to adequately demonstrate their loyalty and call for the immediate outlawing of the Democratic Party?

18 Likes

White House;
“If you wish in one hand and sh*t in the other, which one gets filled first?”

3 Likes

“We think that this case is overwhelming for the President and the Senate is not going to have any need to be taking that amount of time on this,” the official said.

Well I agree, but not in the same way I’m sure.

11 Likes

Delusions much?

Or as it was in When Harry Met Sally:

I’ll have what she’s having.

7 Likes

So the WH legal team will not put on a case? Is that what this anonymous WH official is saying? His defense is: it was a perfect call, read the transcript, no quid pro quo, no laws broken, Ukraine got it’s money, it’s a hoax. That’s it folks.

22 Likes

4 Likes

Why do they even bother? No comment would be less embarrassing now and wouldn’t leave a record for future reputation-checking.

9 Likes

The WH hasn’t been able to co-ordinate its lies for a while. My guess is someone will provide a contradictory claim within 24 hours.

11 Likes

Have to keep those minions riled up and the money rolling in.

There’s an election on, don’t’cha know. Gotta convince the rubes that everything is just dandy.

6 Likes

I mean that he’s overwhelmingly guilty and that if #MM and cronies cared a whit for the country they’d’ve kicked his ass out already.

6 Likes

White House officials on Wednesday played down the idea that the coming Senate impeachment trial could last longer than two weeks…because I talked to Moscow Mitch and he promised me the fix was in .
Should work out except for the fact it appears there were discussions about taking out the Ambassador
Scoop of the Century
Lev is on Maddow tonight
Even Hannity will watch

17 Likes