WH Announces The Return Of Public Health Briefings On COVID Pandemic | Talking Points Memo

White House press secretary Jen Psaki on Monday announced the return of public health briefings beginning this week as the country reels from more than 420,000 deaths from COVID-19 thus far.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1356533
1 Like

Invite Donald Trump once in a while for comic interlude.

2 Likes

Refreshingly normal (and expected).

7 Likes

5 Likes

Yes! Actual factual scientific information is going to be disseminated from this White House.

7 Likes

Will they be covered live here, the way previous briefings were?

7 Likes

These will be science-led briefings.

And yet if a woman is involved, I’m sure her choice of clothing will be relevant.

6 Likes

Fox News: Finda the Doocey inna da pizza.

She’s quite brilliant in that she doesn’t hesitate to call on the lesser of the two Dooceys. She compliments him; treats him like a guest; and then rhetorically pulls his coat down over his arms and sticks in the shiv. She appears to enjoy the sport if it.

22 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

6 Likes

I doubt it. With Trump, there was always the chance, if a remote one, that he would lose what little cool he had and say things that were “highly entertaining” or collapse with an aneurysm.

I see no such drama at these events unless one enjoys the badinage between Fox News celebrities (they are not newspersons) and Jen and her experts.

9 Likes

I probably won’t be watching these. Anything ignoring the benefits of rectal light sabre enemas bores me.

5 Likes

Yes.

7 Likes

Peter Doocy is the James O’Keefe of Jacob Wohls.

11 Likes

Not really a fair fight.
So, yeah great.

6 Likes

If you haven’t had the pleasure of watching an uncut Psaki presser, go to town.

I stan Jen! :revolving_hearts: :kissing_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

“These will be science-led briefings."

“Human sacrifice…dogs and cats living together…science-based briefings from the White House!”

(Truly, these are the End Times.)

12 Likes

White House coronavirus task force briefings in the Trump administration came to an abrupt halt after the former president touted unfounded confounded COVID-19 treatments, which included suggesting “injecting” a disinfectant to combat the coronavirus, during a briefing in late April.

FIFY!

3 Likes

Really the only downside of trump being out of office is that if/when this glorious moment arrives, it will not be televised.

8 Likes

Maybe Jen should bring this to share at the next news briefing, just for Peter.

1 Like

You forgot to T****

Just sayin…

2 Likes