We’re Not Partisan Hacks! Justice Barrett Insists At McConnell Celebration

They are though. Remember when Rehnquist told the MSM’er that there was nothing partisan in the Bush appointment to the presidency? There was.

Watch these assholes take the USA further down Degradation Road, insult the Constitution and anoint the worst of the GOP against the will of most of us. They’re gonna do it.

26 Likes

And I do not know why she would select a clearly partisan-hackery gathering to make such a statement…unless, of course, it’s all true. Which we all know.

So STFU, ACB.

25 Likes

Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett wants you to know that the high court is definitely not another GOP machine.

Keep in mind that of course she would believe this. She’s an ideologue and therefore her way is superior, natural, guided by God. This cannot be partisan because what is right and proper cannot be partisan. In my opinion, this kind of mental gymnastics guides her.

68 Likes

“My goal today is to convince you that this court is not comprised of a bunch of partisan hacks,”

Actions speak louder than words.

27 Likes

Why would she want to convince people at a celebrattion of YertleVille? For them it’s a feature, not a bug.

13 Likes

“By their fruit shall ye know them.” Matthew 7:16

57 Likes

… said the party hack after denying a injunction to women’s health providers in Texas. The request for injunction hearing was filed with SCOTUS by providers. SCOTUS denied the emergency injunction request. Texas women’s constitutional right, under established law for about the last 50 years is denied until such hearing.

This court acted as you would expect a group of partisan hacks would act. They should be regarded as such.

23 Likes

OT, but inevitable that drunken Stephanie would look at the $$$… may she be but the first of many!

28 Likes

It may be my optimism getting the better of me, but I hear Barrett acknowledging that letting the Texas anti-abortion law stand was an overreach by the SC conservatives and she is essentially admitting that it was extremely partisan and hacky. It could be a signal to the rightwing that they are not necessarily going to get everything they want in future decisions. To be sure, they will still get 90+% of what they want, but I think the SC knows it got too close to the abyss and are backing away.

15 Likes

In support of the white, working class Manchin.

When push comes to shove, Manchin is actually the hired help.

33 Likes

Any statement that starts out something like ‘I am not a …’ usually doesn’t end well! :slight_smile:

18 Likes

I don’t think that’s fair. They’re partisan judges, not partisan hacks. They pick and choose when they apply the law and are very partisan, but they’re not hacks.

8 Likes

Get back into quarantine…

14 Likes

Just noticed this. Why isn’t Lin Wood either in jail or a psychiatric hospital?

ETA. An anonymous commenter analogized our national situation to a family deciding what to watch on TV and invariably, everyone watches what the tantrum throwing 6 yo wants to watch.

46 Likes

Ahhhhhhh…the irony. Just goes to show you…you can rise up to be a Supreme Court Justice and still have not an ounce of self awareness…

23 Likes

I find it interesting that the Supreme Court Justices have rushed defend their institution of late. For example this:

Every time they speak they do their cause great harm for anyone that listens. Therefore, as being in basic disagreement with Justinces Breyer and Barrett on several issues big and small, all I ask of them is “please proceed”.

19 Likes

I wish I could share your optimism.

Although the probability is high that they are slowly beginning to understand that if they keep doing these Nacht und Nebel (“night and fog”, i.e., dead of the night, under cover of darkness) decisions, they are going to turn SCOTUS reform into a major election driver.

35 Likes

This sort of tit for tat would eventually mean the demise of or complete dilution of judicial review, which would not, in my opinion be necessarily a bad thing.

10 Likes

“I am not a…”
“crook”
RMN

15 Likes

The only thing that would frighten them would be the election of a substantial Democratic majority in the House and a super majority in the senate (and/or elimination of the filibuster)

23 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available