Ukrainian President To Trump: Please Stop Saying My Country Is Corrupt

Ukrainian President Volodymr Zelensky would like President Donald Trump to lay off the trash talk, please.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1291560

“I told him that we fight this corruption,” said Zelensky. “We fight with this, fight each day.”

“But please, please stop saying Ukraine is corrupted country, because from now [sic], it’s not true,” he added. “We want to change this image.”

You don’t understand Zelie boi. tRump sees corruption everywhere he looks starting with his bathroom mirror.

Then projection kicks in and he’s stuck…

so sad

21 Likes

One thing trump is good at is corruption. He is playing a Michael and Vito Corleone combo act every day. See, he is approaching this as a movie and he gets to “win” and everyone else is supposed to lose. A zero sum game.

24 Likes

“That’s not true. That’s not true,” the Ukrainian president…

He’ll get nowhere until he learns to use words that Chiselin’ Trump understands: Fake news! Fake news!

11 Likes

Not corrupt! That is bad news!

5 Likes

:joy:

This poor guy and this poor damn country. Both get use 9 ways to Sunday from all sides.

43 Likes

I am pretty sure thst if they could pick up their country and move somewhere else they would. But they cannot. The Russians want it because of Ukraine’s ability to grow food. It has very good farm land that Russ ia covets. And a warm water port which Russia has always dreamed of.

19 Likes

Sorry Volodymr. Ukrain’t always get what you want.

35 Likes

bazinga!

you’re underappreciated.

15 Likes

Cri me a river.

27 Likes

Ukraine should ask to be part of Denmark.

5 Likes

I keep telling my wife that.

12 Likes

I can imagine how that goes over; that’s a pretty universal husband feeling, it seems. :joy::joy::joy:

I’m so sorry but I guess no matter how hard we try we can’t appreciate y’all as much as y’all appreciate yourselves.

16 Likes

Since Biden is not the front runner at the moment… will Rudy be sharing the earth shattering dirt he found in Ukraine a couple weeks ago and had promised to announce or are we gonna hafta keep waiting and listening to these damned crickets??

13 Likes

Don’t worry Zelensky , if Trump is reelected kiss your a** and your country goodbye.
When Putin takes over Trump will state Ukraine is corrupt free and the Biden’s will be jailed.

5 Likes

Zelensky is just learning what almost all Americans have known for three years --ETTTS-- Everything Trump Touches Turns to SHIT.

9 Likes

Ukraine is this decade’s Poland.

11 Likes

I’m just going to russian and post the next pun…

8 Likes

We feel your pain, President Zelensky. Every fucking day.

19 Likes

Exactly. Just exactly so.

4 Likes