Twitter Suspends Account That Tried To Circumvent Trump Ban | Talking Points Memo

Twitter on Thursday suspended an account that reposted statements former President Trump shared on his own website, which appeared to be an attempt to evade the ban that the platform placed on the former president’s account in the aftermath of the deadly Capitol insurrection he incited.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1373067

First of many I’m sure.

10 Likes

Dave’s not here, man.

14 Likes

tenor(1)

1 Like

John Baron, John Miller and David Dennison are all HUGE fans of Trump. Are we sure it wasn’t one of them doing the repost?

20 Likes

Nor sure I understand why, but the words “Trump”, “Republican”, and “Scum” seem to have become totally and seamlessly interchangeable in many dictionaries, lexicons, and theasauruses, which, by the way, rhymes with walruses.

6 Likes

Makes sense that he’d try, though.

He likes the idea of being a puppet and having one at the same time.

7 Likes

It’s like infinity. The mortal mind literally cannot comprehend how stupid he is.

23 Likes

“I have all the best infinities!”

5 Likes

6 Likes

Republicans never saw a rule, a regulation, or a law they think applies to them. Nor do they have much respect for boundaries. It’s time they learned a hard lesson.

21 Likes

“From the desk of DJT”
Not real smart.

10 Likes

I attended the technical school at the other end of Massachusetts Avenue from Harvard. Back then, one common response to an obvious gross lie (we’re talking about 20-ish-year-old nerds who got 800s on their math SATs here) was “To make that true, divide by the Avogadro number and multiply by -1”. The Avogadro number is about six hundred billion trillion. If you apply that adolescent ‘rule’ to the Trump statement, you actually do get to the weak truth of the Trump deplatforming: when at last they had no other viable choice, Facebook, Google, and Twitter finally acted in the public interest.

16 Likes

“What Facebook, Twitter and Google have done is a total disgrace and an embarrassment to our Country,” Trump said in a statement."

Not unexpectedly, Trump has it backward.

20 Likes

I think it’s found its campaign slogan if it chooses to run again in '24. (Yes, I only refer to it with non-human pronouns)

Hoping the K-Poppers and Tik Tokers who fooled that cult of idiocy into believing that a million people requested tickets to its Tulsa rally are able to royally fuck up its new blog it somehow believes is a social disease media platform.

6 Likes

I think that by now I recognize this a one of Trump’s catch phrases. This is not the first time he’s called someone, something a total disgrace. So I 'm wondering if this is what Fred called Donald throughout his life?

19 Likes

“Identity confirmed.”

5 Likes

If the shoe fits…

7 Likes

Or his brother.

2 Likes

“What Facebook, Twitter and Google have done is a total disgrace and an embarrassment to our Country,” Trump said in a statement.

Ahem.
“What Trump has done is a total disgrace and an embarrassment to our Country.”
Let me try again.
“What Trump has done is a violation of his oath of office to protect and defend the Constitution.”
“What Trump has done is illegal.”
“What Trump has done is fomented insurrection and is worthy of very serious prison time.”

I could go on and on for a very long time.
After all, I’ve got four years of illegalities, corruption and obstruction to reference.

9 Likes