Trump Wrings Last Drop Of Dignity From Lindsey Graham’s Soul

Trump may or may not be faking it wrt his current “moderation” on abortion, but there is no question it is bad politics (for him). He basically just told his evangelical, pro-life base that the abortion battle is over. That there is nothing left to fight for. This is as far as they can go. Can you imagine how enervating and deflating that must be for them? Every campaign needs fuel to keep its supporters engaged and excited and Trump just drained the tank.

14 Likes

OT, but I had to share this. My cat waited all winter for the catnip to sprout. Here he is, taking a catnap in the catnip.

92 Likes

I’d prefer to never see her ugly face again.

9 Likes

This is an extremely stupid person in RFK Jr’s campaign who doesn’t understand that the EC delegates are awarded winner-take-all in every state except two (Maine and Nebraska). She thinks Jr. being on the ballot is somehow reducing Biden’s EC total count from Blue states. Which won’t happen.

What he might do, is deprive Biden of a win in a swing state if he can siphon off enough votes, which gives the game away that this is a spoiler campaign funded by Republican donors to elect Trump.

33 Likes

Where is Shakespeare when we so desperately need him? Imagine what he would do with Lindsay Graham.

MacGraham - he gave everything he had ( which really wasn’t much) for power and was willing to destroy his country to protect his secrets.

Any bards out there?

18 Likes

Are these letters signed by the governor?

3 Likes

I’m going to blame bussing. From K-9th grade I walked or rode my bike to school. My HS was 10-12. Still walked, but then my Mom bought my older sister a car and so we drove to school, and then drove to work after school.
I wonder if anyone ever calculates that into their studies.

14 Likes

I’d feel sympathy for Lindsey Graham, but he could have walked away 8 years ago. I can only assume he enjoys the dignity wraithing he receives daily by the Mango Mussolini.

12 Likes

Lindsay: A horse’s ass, a horse’s ass
(I traded my dignity and) The Kingdom to follow around a horse’s ass

11 Likes

I couldn’t get the archive page to work for the NYT article, but this covers it fairly well.

22 Likes

In Boston, you use a beach chair or, an ironing board?

39 Likes

No. It is an open box to sit in.

2 Likes

Well there are more women than men, so SCOTUS is just trying to even things out.

3 Likes

I was initially amazed by the transformation of the GOP into a pro-Russia party. However, it makes sense. The average MAGA adherent has far more in common with Putin’s Christian nationalist, homophobic and misogynistic supporters than they do with the diverse coalition that supports liberal democracy and international cooperation.

46 Likes

That has got to be the ugliest woman I’ve ever seen. And I’m not even talking about the way she looks. They say beauty is only skin deep, but that woman’s ugliness emanates from her soul. When the insides are that ugly, the outside cannot cover it.
I feel disgust every time I see her.

21 Likes

The map gives a nice visual trend…
(we’re not going to make it, are we?)

via https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=now%201-d&geo=US&q=My%20Eyes%20Hurt&hl=en

5 Likes

Memories of the “Pittsburgh Chair” to keep parking spaces open…

17 Likes

If Sheehy was shot with a Colt .45 revolver (as the Washington Post states and the park ranger’s statement suggests), I think we can conclude with metaphysical near-certitude that a Navy SEAL (or any other military personnel) would not be toting it as his duty weapon in Afghanistan. (It would be forbidden as an obsolete weapon for modern combat).

Sheehy’s lawyer, Daniel Watkins, is also a liar when he said the handgun was designed such that a discharge on dropping it is impossible; the Colt .45 revolver (a 150-year-old design) is notorious for discharging when dropped. It has neither a transfer bar nor any other modern safety device; knowledgeable handlers always carried it with the hammer over an empty chamber (so prone was it to discharge when jarred), making it essentially a 5-shooter.

Why every Republican political candidate has to concoct some implausible lie that they get caught up in is beyond me. Aside from their presumed compulsion to lie, it’s possible it’s some kind of tribal loyalty test to bond their zombie followers to themselves.

56 Likes

I’m thinking about the old chestnut about blood, and stones, or turnips, but, whatever.

(It’s kinda cute that Mr. Kurtz seems to think Lindsey’s got a soul, let alone the notion that he had any dignity left.)

28 Likes

Is he napping, or passed out on his catnip high?

14 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available