Trump Will Be Banned From Facebook Until At Least 2023 | Talking Points Memo

Facebook announced Friday that the ban it has imposed on President Trump from using the platform will last until at least two years from the Jan. 7 decision the company made to suspend his account.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1376380
1 Like

Zuck’s ongoing effort to grow a pair bears fruit. Or nuts.

30 Likes

This is great news. Love it or hate it, FB sets a good precedent here that will make it easier for others to follow. The cult will form their own safe spaces for themselves, as they always have. But actions like this will push them farther from the mainstream.

22 Likes

I haven’t been posting much recently but this is worth a huzzah

42 Likes

“…if Mr. Trump commits further violations in future…”

If, they say, if.

27 Likes

The social media companies have entirely too much power.

Wouldn’t celebrate this, as while it’s trump today, it could be anyone we support tomorrow.

4 Likes

Bye Felicia…

9 Likes

Pretty soon, the only thing he will have left is the media.

Wait…

12 Likes

This could not happen to a nicer person.
In two years will we still be discussing this person? I hope he will be blown away by the dust of time.

15 Likes

He shut down his blog because he had so few people interested in reading his droppings. He’s off Twitter forever and now Facebook for at least two years. What’s left? How’s he gonna campaign for reinstatement or reelection, whichever comes first?

26 Likes

That was unexpected. Figured he would have been reinstated by end of year.

4 Likes

They are just setting the trap (and I love it).

1 Like

Now do all the people who are going to lose it because of this.

16 Likes

The only thing I can think to say is

->is_prime()) { $htlbid_layout = $htlbid_layout . ‘-prime’; } ?>

2 Likes

Oh, gosh. That blog post tonight is gonna be lit! Oh wait…

26 Likes

Too bad trump’s being banned fro FB isn’t permanent. I had thought it was.

14 Likes

I like to think our side has sane people who run for office and win, unlike the stable genius who clearly was an attention whore who’d tweet every hour and read only about himself in print and on TV. Turn on Fox first thing in the a.m, wait for news about himself, and then regurgitate it through tweets. By then he was ready to come down to the Oval Office at 11 or 12 and do some presidenting until 5 or six.

20 Likes

I’m glad they decided to keep him off (for now), but I totally agree with you about the too much power thing. We really need some regulation to rein these companies in. They are absolutely the biggest factor in the unraveling of democracy worldwide.

11 Likes

To be renewed every 2 years until he ain’t Donald Trump no more, so effectively until death do us part (I hope).

10 Likes

The body making up the “Facebook Supreme Court” is made of very reputable people from many different professions and disciplines. They appear to be taking their jobs seriously and would not suspend someone without serious consideration. The fact is, Facebook is a private company and can do whatever they want. You can’t simply have the likes of Trump fomenting unrest in the name of “free speech no matter the consequences”

12 Likes