Trump Says It’s Totally ‘Fine’ To Retweet An Epstein Death Conspiracy Theory

President Trump believes it is completely fine that he, as President of the United States, retweeted a conspiracy theory about a link between former President Bill Clinton and the death of billionaire financier and accused sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1242325
1 Like

Of course, everytime I go to Twitter, Trump’s posts show up with the intro: “Presudent Trump” retweeted." Who retweets their own posts?

6 Likes

Can we just go ahead and impeach the motherfucker already? Sigh.

33 Likes

After all it was Epstein who introduced Melania to Donald. You can tell a lot about a person from their friends.

20 Likes

“Everything I do is totally fine. It says so in Article II of the Constitution. Hannity and Carlson say so, too.”

14 Likes

better headline: Stupid Old Bald Liar Spouts Further Nonsense

19 Likes

This was according to Epstein but not confirmed. Not that I don’t believe it, but others have disputed it.

3 Likes

Just now. That reporter is not a journalist.

14 Likes

If it’s “totally fine” to secure Russian help to win an election, to use the presidency as a means to make personal financial gains, to lie to the public more than 12,000 times in less than 1000 days, to equate white supremacists with people protesting racism, to enact policies which are themselves overtly racist, to pardon law enforcement officials who violate arrestees’ Constitutional rights, to stonewall legitimate Congressional oversight, to repeatedly obstruct a lawful investigation and to generally undermine the foundations of this democracy, then I guess it is “totally fine” to retweet a bogus conspiracy theory.

37 Likes

Not if it is slander!

4 Likes

When you deliberately propagate a malicious rumor, you take ownership of it.

24 Likes

"As you know, Bill Barr wants to do an entire investigation of the whole Epstein matter. What happened, he’s been going on for a long time, the whole Epstein episode, and I know it’s under investigation by Attorney General Barr,” he said.

Yep and that’s what we’re worried about, your personal attorney doing the investigation.

“I want a full investigation, and that’s what I am absolutely demanding.”

Right, we are convinced you’re demanding a full investigation.

9 Likes

27 times? Multiple legs on a flight i.e. stopping to refuel, is not the same thing as individual flights.

5 Likes

Yeah he’s president, and beyond that he’s Donald Trump. He can, and will, tweet any stupid shit he wants to. As we have seen.

8 Likes

On a lighter note, Trump is liking good-looking guys, straight outa central casting, more and more.

11 Likes

I think it was Ivanka with a candlestick in the parlor.

12 Likes

“It’s totally fine” whatever I decide. Now that Barr has either not found blaring Dump evidence of screwing little girls like Epstein did or has already found and destroyed it.
On last night’s national news disBarr displayed a brand new Barr. It was like a Barrmercial.

1 Like

“He’s a very highly respected conservative pundit,”

Having a hard time with this. Even for Trump.

11 Likes

Exactly. It was four flights as I recall,

4 Likes

So tRump’s campaign is to run against the Clintons again?

19 Likes