Trump Runs Away From Second Debate: Reactions And Fallout | Talking Points Memo

After the Commission on Presidential Debates announced that the second presidential debate would be virtual, President Trump pulled out of the event, calling it a waste of time.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1337256
1 Like

Trump is a coward: He won’t play if he can’t cheat.

60 Likes

Whine. Whine. Whine. Gasp for air. Whine.

41 Likes

Newt’s still alive? I’ll be damned.

28 Likes

Trump’s response was what I suspected (and wanted).

He’s trying to frame an upcoming rout.

His actions, from last Friday forward, have been 100% predictable.

To say, “No one wants you around” now has a COVID dimension.

34 Likes

As an inevitable thing let’s get this over with:

34 Likes

The more amazing thing is he imagines he’s still relevant. That’s grandiosity for you.

47 Likes

ItS comicaL hOw aFraiD peopLe are To DebaTe TrumP withoUt a Mute buTTon.

32 Likes

Wow, I am sure everyone wanted to know Newt’s and Don Jr.’ s take on Trump chickening out.

26 Likes

You forgot Sir Robin.

11 Likes

“Is there anyone there I can infect?”

“No, sir”

“I ain’t goin’”

25 Likes

Well I’m sorry. I apologize for wasting time putting up the clip where they literally yell “Run away!”

13 Likes

Don Jr my boy, no matter how earnestly you fellate, you will never be daddy’s favorite!

12 Likes

He was looking for an excuse.

Biden now needs to say that he will happily participate, because he doesn’t want to disappoint the citizens who had been preparing their questions, and because he owes it to the American people.

And even if the debate commission cancels because Trump isn’t in, Biden should schedule his own virtual town hall anyway, at the original time.

39 Likes

That works too, but Sir Robin is my personal favorite.

8 Likes

Cadet Bone-Spurs “Turns and Runs,” the Trump ™ trademark.

17 Likes

‘a formal discussion on a particular topic in a public meeting or legislative assembly, in which opposing arguments are put forward.’

I’m pretty sure Donnie that a ‘virtual debate’ is still a debate. Maybe you’re just worried your sneers will be blacked out…

7 Likes

Honestly every scene in the film is good. But I’m comfortable with my decision. :smile:

22 Likes

Instead of talking about the second debate, let’s talk about right now.

Trump is running away from us.

There are no daily press briefings
There are no rallies
There are no Bluster statements
There are no on-the WH-yard in-person remarks

There are only oblique genie-in-a-bottle concoctions, taped by his minions, paid slaves, sycophants.

I once saw an old Star Trek (Original series), where all the people on this planet were scared out of their gourd by “Landrew” (sic?)…

Who turned out to be a computer.

Welp, a computer would be better than Trump…

23 Likes

Stoopid.

Makes him look scared.

And if he changes his “mind” and shows up, he shows his weakness.

13 Likes