Trump Revenge Race In Virginia Too Close To Call

Is TSF’s omnipotent image starting to pixelate a bit for the cult? With Good perhaps surviving the primary and with Haley getting 35% in the Virginia primary it’s not a particularly good sign for donnie.

Maybe it’s just Virginia but I don’t think the debate will help him anywhere. Is there concern for the general growing in TSF’s campaign headquarters?

37 Likes

rEaSonS.

38 Likes
28 Likes

OK - now that I can finally get in:

Yesterday, I asked if Good was a goner and the responses I got said he was. The election results show not so much.

Glad to see Vindman had some success as well.

So on Matt Gaetz, who or what did he upset that now they’re actually moving forward with these abuse allegations? Seems a little weird to me.

‘I Made A Stupid Phone Call’

An Alabama pleaded guilty to making threatening phone calls to Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis and Sheriff Patrick Labat over the criminal investigation into Donald Trump.

I’m a little confused by this one. An Alabama who or what? We’re missing a noun here.

Rotten Indeed

Leah Litman: Something’s Rotten About the Justices Taking So Long on Trump’s Immunity Case

Where was she several months ago when we all said this was nuts? I maintain my position that says they will kick the can down the road on Friday the 28th at 4p.

35 Likes

Not enough gold in Fort Knox…

15 Likes
14 Likes

How pathetic is it that i read this and consider it to be welcome news, or at least not as bad as it could have been?

11 Likes

Comments still aren’t working for the story on Nonprofits that funnel all their contributions back to fund-raising.

6 Likes

The Polo Grounds…

Probably the most intimidating baseball venue of all time. Compare it to the band boxes now in which a lot of the teams play in terms of the acreage to be covered in that center field!

Quoting from a webpage on baseball parks:

Two years after opening the Polo Grounds inherited a new tenant when the New York Yankees moved into the ballpark in 1913. The dimensions at the Polo Grounds were one of the most quirkiest attributes of the ballpark and have never been seen at any ballpark since. The distances to the foul poles were short, 277 in left field and 258 feet in right field, the distance to centerfield was monstrous, ranging from 433 feet from homeplate when the ballpark opened to 505 feet during its history. Polo Grounds was a hitters paradise with the exception of centerfield. A pop fly down either line could easily become a homerun. After the Yankees acquired Babe Ruth in 1920 they won the 1921 and 1922 American League pennants. They easily outdrew the Giants, much to the chagrin of Giants owner John McGraw. After the 1922 season McGraw evicted the Yankees from the ballpark, leading them to build the greatest stadium in sports, Yankee Stadium, just a quarter mile south of the Polo Grounds.

Not to be outdone by the Yankee who built the 58,000 seat Yankee Stadium, the Giants expanded Polo Grounds in 1922 to seat nearly 55,000 fans. The entire ballpark was double-decked and enclosed except in centerfield. The grandstands were extended to the 2,300 bleachers that were on both sides of the clubhouse in centerfield. The left field upper deck overhung the playing field by 20 feet, shortening the dimensions to the second deck of left field to 257. After this expansion Polo Grounds looked like a horseshoe. Round behind home plate, the sides did not run parallel to the foul lines, but rather to a line drawn from home to second, extending straight into the power alleys before curving toward the middle in deep left and right centerfields. The center field wall ran straight across, except for a large cutout square in dead center that was the entrance to the clubhouses. Because the centerfield wall was 450 feet from homeplate, at one time there was a flower bed in centerfield until manager John McGraw ordered it removed. The bullpens were located in the outfield in play.

34 Likes

This is a particularly useless list on Wikipedia with editor whims dominating what is added.

4 Likes
16 Likes

Mebbe trump could help out with that fee?

bank

Or not cuz we know how unwilling to pay bills he is

10 Likes

I suppose it could have most anyone in Alabama TSF would be willing to allow to vote, or maybe even all the 'bamians TSF would allow to vote???

2 Likes

Forgot to post this earlier . . .

A picture of Juneteenth celebrants taken in Austin, Texas, 1900.

82 Likes

Is that a “woman” in southern parlance, that is, old enough to conceive?

7 Likes

And yet Rupert Murdoch is 93 y/o, and just got married for the 5th time.
Charles Koch is 88.
Sen. Grassley is 90.
Mitch McConnell is 82.

People have no perspective.

27 Likes

I need to look for that Burns baseball documentary. I really like the section about John McGraw.

8 Likes

Not sure why they dropped the other Matt Gaetz stuff?

37 Likes

Double check.

The Tom Cole win is actually a relief. Bondar claimed on OETA (the PBS affiliate) that he was self funded, but the scuttle was that he was recruited by the Michael Flynn branch of the MAGA poison tree. He is too creepy even for Oklahomans, I guess. One of his attack ads against Cole brought up Cole’s friend of the court position in the McGirt case. Of course Bondar’s ad just pointed out that McGirt was a bad guy, missing the significance of the soverignty issue altogether. In other words, a guy who is willing to cherry pick info for his own benefit. (Cole is an enrolled member of the Chickasaw nation, one of only a handful of Congress critters who are tribal members. Even though he is a reliable butt kisser for TFG, it’s good to have that voice in Congress.)
Hopefully, Bondar goes back to Dallas and continues whatever grift he has going on there.

29 Likes