Trump Regrets Pressuring Alcoholic Brother Into The Family Biz

President Donald Trump got unusually personal while talking about his late brother, Fred Jr., to the Washington Post, saying that he does “regret having put pressure on him.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1241237
1 Like

Fred Jr. was “a much nicer guy than me, to be totally honest with you.”

Imagine that.

19 Likes

Who would ever have guessed?

7 Likes

Have we stumbled upon the one instance where Trump is telling the truth?

Or is it just another lie?

8 Likes

He’s lying he never went to dinner or lunch with “that loser”, Fred.

9 Likes

Nah, Trump regrets nothing. He’s a sociopath to his core. He doesn’t have feelings or emotions as we understand the terms. He wishes Fred had survived long enough to accrue some wealth he could have grifted him out of. Fred’s death was merely a lost opportunity to Trump.

11 Likes

Probably making it all up to show he has a human side. Kellyanne Conway probably suggested that he say this so he doesn’t look soooooo evil. Not going to work.

16 Likes

His kind words and indications of humanity are all directed at dead people because they can’t contradict him and tell the truth about him.

18 Likes

After all this time of listening to his constant lies, why in the world would anyone think he’s telling the truth? Don’t be fooled thinking the racist has an ounce of compassion in him for anyone.
Until this idiot came along, I had no idea there were such “people” in the world. Didn’t think I was naive, but guess I was.

14 Likes

I wonder if his kids were pressured into it?

2 Likes

Trump is such a POS that pretty much all the inmates of Supermax Florence are nicer than him.

12 Likes

How touching. Now tell us about how you made it clear to Fred you considered being a commercial jet pilot, the thing he actually loved doing, comparable to being a “glorified bus driver.” Or maybe just don’t show us what you consider your reflective side. The only person who might be interested drank himself to death long ago.

17 Likes

One of my uncles told a story where he did something stupid that ended up with his older brother getting some bad burns. Even though his brother had no lasting injury and got over it, you could tell my uncle still felt very badly about it, fifty years after it happened. I don’t believe Trump has that kind of conscience or compassion so I don’t buy it for a second.

15 Likes

Trying to humanize the man - he must really be worried about what will happen if he loses the election.

7 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

So Trump and his dad tried to make Fred dishonest which drove him to demon drink.

4 Likes

Does he also regret kicking Fred Junior’s seriously ill grandchild off company insurance for revenge? https://www.mhpbooks.com/the-time-donald-trump-kicked-his-nephews-sick-baby-off-the-family-insurance-plan/

26 Likes

The compassion, it runs deep.

5 Likes

If you didn’t know him personally he was just a clownish D-list celebrity all these years. It’s literally hard to imagine that a person could be as sick as he is, or that such a person could run around loose, but there it is. Just join the club.

13 Likes

Think if you lived on the East Coast you probably knew more about him. Having lived out west all that time, I literally knew nothing about him. Wish I still knew nothing about him.

5 Likes