Trump Opening Statements: ‘Election Fraud,’ Fake News, And a Call For Exhaustion

There’s nothing wrong with paying off a official to get a building permit that’s called business. /snark

11 Likes

Hey, by that thinking Trump should get props among the Christian nationalists for not having Cohen wack Stormy.

6 Likes

…a Call For Exhaustion

Tired of his shit? Then you must acquit. It’s the only way we’re going away.

(unless the checks stop clearing)

14 Likes

18 Likes

6 Likes

The downplaying and whataboutism are not aimed at obtaining a not guilty verdict. They’re aimed at getting just one sympathetic juror to hold out and thereby obtain a mistrial.

41 Likes

omg, Von ShizInPants! That could be the greatest nickname ever! Who’d have thought Cohen had it in him?

10 Likes

I was away for the last half of last week, and now I’m seeing references to him stinking up the court. What did I miss?

3 Likes

https://lamag.com/politics/something-stinks-about-donald-trumps-trial-it-might-be-trump

21 Likes

That’s very funny in my text reader …lol

Donnie found yet ANOTHER lawyer that is as scummy as he is. Whiny, sniveling liar.

3 Likes

Trump is a hunted animal, trapped suddenly in the cold legal preserve of a courtroom, hiding, peeing and pooping, nodding off… and its a long way from Tipperary.

9 Likes

It was an appeal to the deep exhaustion around Trump’s various scandals.

Not sure how far that “forget it Jake, it’s Chinatown” defense will go

16 Likes

I think trying to normalize what most folks used to agree was beyond the pale is pretty much SOP in Donnieland.
I have a general memory of tfg describing something even seedier as “oppo research.”
Or telling an interviewer (Lester Holt?) that he’d want to take a look at what a foreign government was offering before deciding whether or not to take their help.
ETA: Confusing, or perverting, what folks think of as ‘normal’ is a big part of his game of control.

19 Likes

Wasn’t that exactly the phrase TSF (or his attorneys) used to explain why giving fraudulent accounts of his properties’ values to banks for loans was OK? (ed.)

11 Likes

Is this how being in close proximity to Donald Trump curdles everyone’s face and soul who comes close to him for extended periods?

13 Likes

What’s missing here is that there is a YUGE difference between trying to influence the electorate, and therefore the election, and gaming the system.

It’s wrong every time it happens. And it’s wrong whether or not it becomes known. If it does become known, well, that was the risk that was taken.

8 Likes

“Besides which, a ‘Buttery Males’ T-shirt is in bad taste. How could you not shoot someone wearing that?”

3 Likes

Maybe so. But, it tastes good.

3 Likes

What, you’re trying to ruin Mr. Blanche’s sophistry or something?

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available