Trump Not Sure If Giuliani Still Reps Him | Talking Points Memo

A day after two of Rudy Giuliani’s associates were arrested on campaign finance violations, President Donald Trump appeared to be at a loss for words Friday when asked whether the former New York mayor was still his personal attorney.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1255552
1 Like

“Well, I don’t know. Who is this Giuliani guy? I don’t think that I’ve ever met him before."

41 Likes

“Giuliani? Sounds Italian. That one of the mob families?”

-DJT

18 Likes

Pity they held off the indictment until Tuesday, would totally have capped off Infrastrukturwoche.

21 Likes

V.o: “last time on ‘Rudy !’”

7 Likes

“I think he might have gotten coffee for me once.”

23 Likes

I think Trump should be careful about upsetting his attorney

28 Likes

This young man has turned out to be such a valuable resource. If two years ago someone had told me, I have experience working in Ukraine, I would have rolled my eyes, thinking it would be as valuable as someone working in Gambia, but opportunity is for the bold and he has grabbed it with both hands… keep the good work Josh!!

Josh Kovensky

|

34 Likes

Just what I was waiting for. You can bet Rudy has plenty of interesting information to depart with text and recordings. Go for it Rudes, you know you want to.

14 Likes

Rather an understatement.

But I’m reading it as a clear signal that Barr’s given Trump a heads-up that an indictment is coming.

32 Likes

It certainly is now…

12 Likes

So who is advising Donnie on who is, and is not, His attorney? Jarvanka? Miller? KAC? Circle grows smaller…

11 Likes

starts humming the ‘Dreamgirls’ song

@castor_troy

5 Likes

Well, I don’t know, if he’s headed for jail, it might be hard for him to represent me.

16 Likes

“Trump appeared to be at a loss for words Friday when asked whether the former New York mayor was still his personal attorney.”

“Rumble, rumble, rumble…(THUD!)…rumble, rumble, rumble…”

46 Likes

There may, of course, be photos of us together. Don’t mean a thing.

6 Likes

Oooh, Step 2 of the Throw Your Lawyer Under the Bus playbook, as pioneered by Michael Cohen…

Step 1, “I don’t know anything about that, you’ll have to ask [Michael] [Rudy]

Step 2, I don’t know if he’s still my lawyer.

Step 3, I had nothing to do with that and he’s a bad lawyer who never really did that much for me.

Step 4, category 4 tweet storms.

28 Likes

I gotta git back to ‘stuff’, but it’s again not smart for Trump to slag off Rudy.

However, this is the Trump era, soooooooooo, shrug.

10 Likes

Shorter Trump: I like attorneys who don’t get caught committing crimes. That’s why I got rid of the last one. Rudy, you’re no Roy Cohn.

Isn’t it strange how Trump’s personal attorneys have close to a hundred percent chance of indictments with a high probability of jail time? I think that might be meaningful, ya know?

34 Likes

It’s gonna take a double-decker bus to squash that one. I picture a double-decker Ulsterbus from back in the day. Or a nice, shiny, bright-red London Transport version. Or even (since J.K. Rowling so despises Trump and his minions) the purple Knight Bus.

5 Likes