Trump Loyalists Lewandowski, Bossie Installed At Pentagon Advisory Board | Talking Points Memo

Two top Trump loyalists were installed at a Pentagon advisory board shortly after several board members were fired on Friday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1347682
1 Like

Does this mean they don’t get a pardon?

20 Likes

I’m pretty sure neither Corey Lewandowski or David Bossie is qualified, given current and previous members of this Board.

57 Likes

He thinks he’ll eventually win, why else would he pull this ridiculous shit?

It’s delusional crap.

32 Likes

Hey Russia, we’ve give up, walk right in…

Lichtenstein? Andorra? Vatican City?

You too…

20 Likes

Why? What’s the point?

15 Likes

Wonder what the game is. Not like an advisory board is going to actually get anything done before the new administration is in place and they’re all canned.

45 Likes

I’d prefer the kind with a blindfold and cigarette…

7 Likes

I’m proud to welcome each of these new members to the Defense Business Board and I look forward to their contributions to help guide the Department’s business efforts in the coming years,” Acting Secretary of Defense Chris Miller said in a statement.

“Actually,” he added, “they’re just here to set fires and spread COVID for the next 47 days before they get frogmarched out of the building, but you already knew that.”

45 Likes

So can’t Biden just fire and replace them in January? We should have this information in this article Matt Shuham.

27 Likes

I was expecting Trump to name Jon Voight, Scott Baio, Victoria Jackson and Antonio Sabato Jr. to the board…

41 Likes

Or, a few more firings and fiat appointments to make the believers think he’s “doing something”, and send another donation.

28 Likes

If he imagines that if Lewandowski and Bossie persuade the board that there should be martial law and they take it to the brass that the brass will agree, he’s going to get dragged out of there on a Section 25, swear to god.

45 Likes

What, not Rudy’s “Drunk Testimony Lady?”

Victoria Jackson would only be a pale RWNJ imitation.

10 Likes

A lazy, pretentious fuck like Trump would do something exactly like this…evoking maximum concern and handwringing

13 Likes

They are there for records, either to steal or obfuscate, plain and simple.

21 Likes

EVEN NOW, he has to convince his base that he’s doing something “strong” to stop the pervasive influence of Xi and Hugo Chavez.

17 Likes

“Everything Trump touches . . . “

In Trump’s universe, there is no good reason for leaving anything nonpartisan if it can be corrupted to serve his ends. The fine art of running an effective government is utterly lost to these folks.

9 Likes

Defense Business Board? Don’t you mean “Defense of Trump’s Businesses Board”?

8 Likes

Yes, this, please. I assume Biden will be able to fire them right away (this isn’t a protected civil-servant position, not to mention that they’re replacing people who were canned themselves), but would still be good to include the appointment’s apparent lack of permanency.

10 Likes