Trump Floats Lawyer His Campaign Fired As Special Counsel For Bogus Voter Fraud Probe | Talking Points Memo

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump floated naming lawyer Sidney Powell, who was booted from his campaign’s legal team after pushing unfounded conspiracy theories, as a special counsel investigating allegations of voter fraud as he grasps for straws to stay in power.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1350256

He clawed past the straws weeks ago. Anyone on a farm can tell you what’s below the straw.

36 Likes

Good choice! On the evidence, she’s completely incompetent.

She’ll come up with lots of noise and accusations, and draw a federal paycheck (big, to be sure), and that will be it.

11 Likes

Serious question: Trump will have to time his pardons to his circle, to his family, and to himself, such that they are issued after all attempted crimes are over. Ya?

19 Likes

If she’s going to look into voter fraud, perhaps she can start in Kentucky.

All those things the Republicans accused the Dems of, it seems they did here

McConnell racked up huge vote leads in traditionally Democratic strongholds, including counties that he had never before carried.
There were wide, unexplained discrepancies between the vote counts for presidential candidates and down-ballot candidates.
Significant anomalies exist in the state’s voter records. Forty percent of the state’s counties carry more voters on their rolls than voting-age citizens.
Kentucky and many other states using vote tabulation machines made by Election Systems & Software all reported down-ballot race results at significant odds with pre-election polls.

34 Likes

President Donald Trump floated naming lawyer Sidney Powell

Because she’s … made of … wood?

25 Likes

I floated something earlier in my toilet.

15 Likes

She’s a witch!

14 Likes

We will not be able to do much with McConnell in the near future.

However, we can retire him from Power as Senate Majority Leader by supporting the Democratic candidates for U.S. Senator from GA, Ossoff and Warnock, in the 5 January 2021 runoff against the GOP candidates, Perdue and Loeffler.

This is an extremely important race.

37 Likes

Trump floated naming lawyer Sidney Powell, who was booted from his campaign’s legal team after pushing unfounded conspiracy theories, as a special counsel investigating allegations of voter fraud

Why the hell not?

Why else did I open a rather challenging tequila this evening?

20 Likes

If I can rewrite an old Johnny Cash hit…
“Life ain’t easy for a girl named Sid”.

4 Likes

That would be entertaining to say the least.

1 Like

I think we all can agree on just this one thing…

Both tRump and Sydney Powell are floaters :expressionless:

14 Likes

How many flushed did it take to make it disapear?

6 Likes

4 Likes

Special Clownsel.

19 Likes

Good work by Jonathan Lemire, as far as I know AP’s best reporter and writer. It captures the desperation and absurdity of what’s happening. Sidney Powell is quite simply a loon-American, and that’s made clear. And we don’t just live in the proverbial interesting times, we live in times that are nucking futs, and that’s hinted at as well. The things I’d do to Mitch McConnell, alone in a room for five minutes with him, do not bear publication. Just use your imagination. :face_with_head_bandage:

31 Likes

I’m reluctant to go down that rabbit hole, but I will say this: given what we know about the two parties, suspicions of Republican electoral malfeasance and bad faith are intrinsically more credible and reasonable than suspicions directed at Democrats.

22 Likes

Remember at the start of this maladministration when they claimed “only the best”? Now the unspoken reality is “only the insane”. It’s a huge nest of nuts. Total right-wing nutjobs. Martial law? Seriously? These guys do that, and they will not meet a happy ending, absolutely guaranteed.

Look at who appears to be the most sane in the maladministration right now. Is it the pompous ass SOS who admitted that Russia hacked us, or is it the HHS Secy who can’t manage the distribution of a vaccine?

Can we please get some competent adults soon? I don’t know how this is going to hold together until Jan 20. It appears to be both flying apart AND imploding.

21 Likes

If centrifugal and centripetal forces are in balance, we may be OK.

7 Likes