Trump Demands Stronger Defense From Republicans Amid Impeachment Probe

Actually, their best hope is Pence, and I find that heartening.

5 Likes

Before this is over Pence will be up to his eyeballs in it, too.

8 Likes

Agreed entirely that he is corrupt to the core and lying is a way of life for him: whatever it takes to get what he wants. But, I also think that his narcissism demands that he see himself as perfect, and that everyone else do so as well. His psyche is so fragile and his underlying pit of insecurity is so vast and deep, he canā€™t admit to any mistake or weakness, even to himself.

8 Likes

Itā€™s not a transcript. Itā€™s not a transcript. Itā€™s not a transcript.

16 Likes

I wish that were true, because I dislike him intensely - heā€™s such a phony. Heā€™s just as dirty - but he walks. Iā€™ve been saying since 2/17 that we should impeach Pence first, since 45* would let him go in a heartbeat, then that would knock out a prop from under 45*, making him far more vulnerable, as the entire GOP old guard loathes him. Then go after 45*.
For some reason the Democratic Party in the House has never contacted a crow sitting on a branch for political advice.

11 Likes

There is that Canute element to his personality.

4 Likes

Good Lord. If I were a Republican, that would make me want to go home screaming to my Mother.

7 Likes

They might have crows sitting on branches above there cars (like I do). I think that this is going to get so messy for all of those involved will be too damaged to carry on beyond 2020. thatā€™s my hope anywayā€¦and Iā€™m sticking to it.

4 Likes

Heā€™s operating like he did in his private life. Do what you want, demand absolute loyalty, or else. Cover up or pay off problems. Unfortunately, in government, there are rules, duplicate records and multiple recordings with numerous witnesses to every action.

8 Likes

Nothing like a good internal strategy session conducted out in the open on Twitter. And people say this isnā€™t a transparent administration.

11 Likes

And also career civil service employees who were there before he arrived, and will still be there after heā€™s gone (except for a few sacrificial slaughters). Most of whom are honorable and care for this country.

Thatā€™s what Trump was completely unprepared for: the idea that there was a layer of more-or-less stable government underneath the political appointees, that wouldnā€™t put up with his Mafia-style rule and the violation of his Oath of Office.

6 Likes

Except for Trumps over efforts at the extortion of a foreign leader.

This is not only WRONG, but CRIMINAL!

6 Likes

Wisdom seems to be in very short supply among our current batch of Rethuglicans.

2 Likes

They might find it easier to do if heā€™d shut up for a bit.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure he does. Trump doesnā€™t see his request for a favor as a quid pro quo. Rather, he sees the request for a favor as an opportunity for Zelenskyy to demonstrate his fealty to Trump with more than just words.

In Trumpā€™s mind, its Trump doing Zelenskyy a favor. Zelenskyy should already want to do this favor for Trump ā€“ Trump is being generous in reminding Zelenskyy what Z. can do for Trump.

3 Likes

Disloyal to whom? Trump? or the American People?

I think we all know the answer and its about time we start challenging the Repugs. on this.

8 Likes

Not at all.

There is an old story about an English king, Canute, who, it is said, tried arrogantly to turn back the tide. The story is wrong in three ways: While he was king and did rule England, he was a Dane and his name was Knud. And far from being arrogant, he was known to be a most graceful leader. What he did on that distant shore was to graphically remind his power-mad courtiers that even a king cannot always have his way.

If only King Knud were alive today, we could ask him to take our Republicans down to the shore, to teach them a thing or two about humility, and acceptance, and dignity.

11 Likes

NOTHING WAS DONE WRONG!

1 Like

Trump is the weakest he has ever been and so many people believe that heā€™s stronger.

6 Likes

This is exactly how Sondland was explaining it; youā€™ve got to give him what heā€™s owed if you want him to write that check. Oligarch logic.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available