Trump Demands Stronger Defense From Republicans Amid Impeachment Probe

Here is the secret of Trump’s Power.

He is the best I have ever seen in projecting to his followers (both voters and Congress) absolute strength.

Some of this I attribute to RW Propaganda
Some of this I attribute to help from enablers
Some of this I attribute to Roy Cohn
Some of this I attribute, quite frankly, to his mental illness and MobBoss life

And it leads to an observation I made some days ago:

[Donald Trump will act in a manner in which his behavior six months from his removal will be astonishingly similar to his behavior six hours from his removal]

This has lessons for us…and quite reasonably explains why our gloominess is more pronounced than it should be

(1) On the cusp of Impeachment

(2) After a Magnificent week at the Voting Booth

And why it will always be more than it should be.

7 Likes

She must not believe it’s going to be flushed. I guess from her point of view his takeover of the Republican party was so complete that she doesn’t believe anyone can take him down. Not a leader among the bunch, is there?

5 Likes

No one will reap the total lunatic support of his cult but Trump. Especially not a woman. Haley has miscalculated this one. She is now all in so when he goes down she goes with him.

9 Likes

Well, up until the very end, Hitler projected a maniacal kind of ferociousness. And, like Trump, much if not most of it was massive mental illness. I’ve seen this up close in people I know. It’s scary and clearly due to mental illness, a way of defending the self against one’s deep self-loathing and lack of a sense of self by projecting the exact opposite to the world, and thus, hopefully, to oneself. Such people are nuts and IMO beyond the possibility of help given their profound fear of admitting their deepest fears about themselves to themselves. Momentum and ferocious energy keep their fragile selves from imploding.

10 Likes

Not saying that it’ll work, but I suspect that it’s the thinking. While cunning and calculating she doesn’t strike me as especially bright. Few Repubs are. It’s actually a liability. Only a sociopath could survive being genuinely smart in today’s GOP, as only they could channel it properly.

4 Likes

Next week will be one of those “what side are you on?” moments in our history. Are you with us or against us?

4 Likes

I have, obviously, a slew of regrets in the Age of Trump. I have not catalogued them. But I grieve for decent people unnecessarily saddened from Trump’s presence in our lives.

I do reserve a special disdain for people who are using this man for their own purposes. Selfish, self-enriching purposes.

I am a Dialectical thinker with the Trump Era. I believe that his presence will also spur a great deal of reactive good.

If Trump’s Evil can lead to Planet-saving work, post-High-School programs for youth bored out of their skulls due to OUR lack of guidance, increased interest in Journalism, etc. I will cheer all of these for the Rest of My Days.

7 Likes
1 Like

It doesn’t need just to be buried. It needs to be obliterated and erased from memory like Goebbels’ Antisemitic Newspaper Der Angriff. See below at 4:24.

2 Likes

Before we see anything like that both he and the corrupt party that enabled him have to be swept away. The GOP itself is as toxic to American Democracy as the Nazis were to Weimar. Our political system has one party that believes in the Nation’s constitution, and in democracy; and another one that plainly does not.

8 Likes

Shorter tRump- "Tow My line with 100% Loyalty about this extortion thing, or I’ll make damn sure you’re primaried by someone who will and your political career is over,palee… ".

Irony really is lost with these people

2 Likes
3 Likes

Fundamentalist Christians used to shout that there was only one man on earth who never made a mistake and that was Jeezuss.

You don’t hear them saying that anymore.

3 Likes

because Lindsay is shy about being photographed naked.

5 Likes

The problem isn’t really Trump or the GOP but the kind of people and forces they are, that preceded both and will outlive both. Evil, corruption, exploitation, dishonesty, etc., are part of the human condition, inextricable from it. If we got rid of both Trump and his party and all memory of them, someone and something like them would emerge in due time. Guaranteed.

So, yeah, remove, destroy, reduce or severely weaken them, but they’re not really going away, fundamentally, and we will be eternally on guard against them. Semper vigilans.

2 Likes

The call was PERFECT

NOTHING WAS DONE WRONG

My whole life has been PERFECT

Said NO SANE PERSON

EVER

10 Likes

You still have to sift thru the grift to find a rift.

2 Likes

The so-called “President” of the United States BEGS his party like a DOG to save him from the big mean Democrats! SAD!!!

4 Likes

The Republican Party is a party of concentrated evil, perversion, crime and depravity. They are the ten-headed beast rising from the waters as envisioned by John of Patmos.

They deserve to be treated as such.

5 Likes

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available