Trump, DA’s Office Make Their Closing Arguments To The Jury - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Also no Ivanka.

18 Likes

Isn’t bringing up Bob Costello, even as a defense witness, against the strict conditions of his gag order? His attorneys chose to bring this guy to the witness stand and he was a disaster. Nothing is going to rehabilitate that moron. Also, nothing will happen to TSF as a result of his social media rage-tweeting…not in the final stretch of this trial, and he knows it. He’s still trying to influence the proceedings with this shameless approach of ‘I’m rubber, you’re glue’ projection-itis.

This entire case is about his own interference thru lying about the business transaction payoffs that had a direct effect on the outcome of the election.

If anything, I anticipate when the prosecution has the final word in summation, that will be when tRump will be his most animated and rebellious in front of the judge and jury. You ain’t seen nothing like the kind of eye rolling he’ll be doing then or the quiet but loud enough cussing he’ll be doing within earshot of the jury. That’s what I anticipate because I’m not sure the judge is willing to remove him from the courtroom should he persist. It’ll be tRump’s last shot in his mind to register his disgust for this trial obvious to all, if he hasn’t already.

13 Likes

No answer? Try asking the Grim Reaper.

1 Like

Quo usque tandem, Fatalina?

3 Likes

Trump reads a mystic koan.

27 Likes

One or two months after his death.

11 Likes

We’re still hearing about Hitler and he’s been gone some 80 years or so.

10 Likes

YESSS, MY PRECIOUS! IT’S SOOOOO UNFAIR!!! NASTY, TRICKSEY LIBERALS!1!1!!

20 Likes

Not every day.

6 Likes

I wonder if Blanche will scream, yell and point.

Before we get started, Merchan asks for time estimates on summations.

Blanche says around 2.5 hours, maybe less, and Steinglass says, while it will be responsive to the defense’s, about 4.5 hours—and an audible, exhausted groan washes over the entire press overflow room.

16 Likes

Trump has a new lawyer.

17 Likes

Merchan is here.

12 Likes

I suspect the dramatics will drive the jury batty, but it’s all part of the process.

Have to wonder how many objections will be sustained during the day. You know that TIFBG’s team is going to try and weasel in some inappropriate statements.

9 Likes

Do it Ms. Carroll. Fry Trump’s ass AGAIN and AGAIN.

20 Likes

2m ago14.36 BST

Judge Juan Merchan gives an instruction to both sides before closings start:

Those of you who have appeared me who have summed up before me, I just want to remind you, please do not go into the law.

The reason for doing so is because it’s up to judges to tell jurors about the law and how it applies to their deliberations, not the lawyers on the case.

28 Likes

Ridiculous for them to be groaning.

5 Likes

Just a reminder that this isn’t some episode of Law and Order where the whole case is conveniently wrapped in 42 minutes.

10 Likes

I believe she’s part of the law firm of Dewey, Cheatem and Howe.

9 Likes

Trump has been complaining about his side going first but it is NY law.

Jury is back, & Merchan greets them and gives instructions: You will now hear summations, following that I’ll instruct you on the law, then you’ll begin your deliberations. Under our law, defense must sum up first, followed by prosecution. Lawyers may not speak to you after that

16 Likes

14 Likes